• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please Re-Think how Auto-Balance Works

mattlach

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
Massachusetts
So you are on a good server.

You've really started getting into your team, and have a smooth working relationship where you know who you can rely on, and are working out strategies to take the next objective.

Really living into it too.

Suddenly, you have been auto balanced to the enemies side. Completely ruins the mood and immersiveness.

When this happens 100% of the time I just quit the game. I usually get pretty pissed too.

There has to be a way to balance the teams without ruining the experience...

I see people complaining about AB all the time. The reason is simple, say a team has double the number of players, each player on that team feels like they are, so to speak, "pwning". The server then takes these players and places them on the other side, where they are then decimated by their once teammates.
They then feel upset because they were going so well.

The problem is, you were teamswapped for a reason, that team was getting thrashed due to a lack of players.

Upvote 0
I was able to reject the auto-balance once. I got the chance to select which role to play, so I went one step further back and re-chose the team I'd already been playing on, then continued on as normal. I assume the game then went and auto-balanced someone else.

I should note, I always choose the team with the least amount of players if I'm coming in late, but I do have a preferred side, and like the OP, I resent having my team efforts undone by the autobalancing.

Upvote 0