• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bring back winking effect instead of black&white effect

Instead of simply demanding change, why not back it up with arguments?

-Whats making you want this?

-Why do you think it would be better?

-Would it benefit everyone?

Orginize your thoughts first, and at least state some reasons, makes you seem like more of a mature human being. Rather than stating your demands like a pirate! :)

Reactions: Zookerman
Upvote 0
I remember one of the first posts I read on the Ro1 forums was about how suppression didn't work. I could understand the points made but at the same time there was a common agreement that when bullets were going past your head, it was hard to make a shot back. The problem was it wasn't very long term.

My favourite solution would be a mixture, blurring of the screen for a long amount of time (ro2) + "SNAP" of bullets with blur (simulating the instinctive closing of one's eyes) + Jerking movements, to stop you from being speedy and just popping up and taking them out first.

This would all work hand in hand with higher weapon sway, taking away the method of the quick headshot, which is just too easy in Ro2, and lengthening the firefights while putting an emphasis on cover.

(Oh, and I forgot to add that there are too many hero weapons, annulling any idea of a long term firefight, lessen that number a little and make the team 2/3 riflemen and MG will suddenly become a feared class)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
He is referring to the screen quickly flashing and jerking with the supersonic crack of bullt flyby. A mixture of what we had in RO1 and what we have in RO2 might actually work out pretty well. One gives the immediate impression you need to hit the dirt, while the other is the effect of being on the recieving end of prolonged fire. This could be done it such a way to be really cool. I'd like to see what other people think.

Upvote 0
A good amount of blur is all that's needed for those who want the realism bumped up a few notches. Let's you stumble around so you can find cover and if they're right on top of you you can pump out some rounds to reasonable effect. But you can forget about hitting anything more than 10m away. Throw in some loud cracks and increased weapon sway and it'll encourages people to look to get out of the line of fire for good instead of trying to pop up while "suppressed" and nailing their assailant with a single well-placed shot.

Reactions: Raymond Saint
Upvote 0