• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mind Blowing Idea For Berzerker

It could be okay, but you need more of basic description then just a fancy yellow bold coloring. If it were going to be a dual weapon, it should in fact be inaccurate, have no alt-fire, make more carry weight, and takes some time to switch weapons. The PROs should be more like Faster slice n dice, stronger, able to get twice of zed time when killing just one zed, cost slightly less money then a katana/chainsaw.

Upvote 0
well, it's actually been quite a while since this was suggested last.
but to nutterbutter, everything has been suggested at least 80 times.

yomommasis isnt doing the mods anymore, at least thats what he told me, so maybe someone else can figure out how to make the mut.

still, the animations were very pretty, and worth a repost. Does anyone have the .gifs of them from the original thread?

Upvote 0
well, it's actually been quite a while since this was suggested last.
but to nutterbutter, everything has been suggested at least 80 times.

Not my fault it is a common suggestion. Like nazi zombies. Or gatling guns. Or sniper rifles. or every other weapon that "Has a high damage, with slow rate of fire, and slow reload". Or engineer perk that builds traps. Or WW2 weapons. Or a perk that buffs other perks. Or riot shield.

Upvote 0
Not my fault it is a common suggestion. Like nazi zombies. Or gatling guns. Or sniper rifles. or every other weapon that "Has a high damage, with slow rate of fire, and slow reload". Or engineer perk that builds traps. Or WW2 weapons. Or a perk that buffs other perks. Or riot shield.

well, with 142 pages of threads, I should think that things get repeated pretty often, and at least we don't have that sniper-rifle infestation any more.

Upvote 0
Mind Blowing Idea For Berzerker

Balance the damned thing.

Spoiler!

Deepest Apologies, need to get it out of my system every once in a while. I should be good for another couple of weeks :)

Upvote 0
God damn it I am sorry, I just can't leave it well enough alone.

Even with the new weapons I just can't be arsed to play the game anymore because I'm tired of having to fight the urge to ban every blinkin Zerker I see. I'm becoming intolerant of other players now, a fact I'm not proud of, especially as an admin, and it is solely because of this class.

At the moment I can live with myself better if I just cut off from the game cold turkey... however that frustration has led to this outburst.

)

may i ask why do you feel like this about berserkers in general_? im fairly new to berserk actually, i have the game since before launch, and all my perks have been level 6 almost since the "level up" update, all except berserk, i never enjoyed it, that was it until i met a friend a couple of weeks ago who is an excelent berserker, i saw him so gracefully killing things with an axe, then i started playing.

while it is true that i got killed a lot in this "noob Berserker" stage of my gaming times. i got better really quick, so better that i succesfully went from the bottom of the score to the top in a game full of lvl 6 people that is shooting at stuff almost every game, but maybe you are thinking that im playing "rambo" style, while in fact im being a team player, protecting teammates from gorefasts, scrakes and husks, covering doorways and absorbing some melee damage for the team. so i dont know why you dont like berserker, could you please explain?

Upvote 0
@abanofeso:
It's because the Berserker, when played right, can kill EVERY specimen in the game by himself, just by kiting around, even by himself (Yes, even in 6-man games). This while also having the cheapest weapons in the game (and unlimited ammo in them too).

Summing up the feelings:
* Being the best tank in the game: That's ok
* Having cheap, unlimited weapons: That's ok
* Being able to handle every specimen in the game with relative ease without even having to use offperk powerful weapons (like the pipebomb): NOT ok!

Last edited:
Reactions: Undedd Jester
Upvote 0
While in fact im being a team player, protecting teammates from gorefasts, scrakes and husks, covering doorways and absorbing some melee damage for the team. so i dont know why you dont like berserker, could you please explain?

P.S. you'll have to forgive me, I've had an operation on my left hand, so I'm typing this with 1 hand. It's amazing how much work things become with just one hand... :D

Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you, because you certainly are the rarest butterfly of them all. Seriously, thats not me being patronising, thats being 100% honest. I'm a Medic/Firebug player myself, so it's partially my fault really. My whole stiche is supporting my teammates, and filling my role in the team. I am fully aware as these classes that I rely on my teammates to support me at certain times. Thats what I love about KF, the whole everyone filling a role for the team.

However waiting till everyone is dead then going on a kiting run to "save" the round, is not a role IMO, it's called being a dick. Most Berserkers however do exactlt that, and generally feel its much easier to just leave me for dead and save their own arse, thereby giving themselves more lower health specimens to kill on their own. Why? Because killing so many is fun.

Aze hit the nail on the head, the fact is any class in theory can survive on his own on HoE, but every other class is at the mercy of spawns. Crawlers, Gorefasts, Stalkers, they are all as fast or faster than you, so you have deal with them, and you can't stop still for a moment to kill that mob ahead of you because clots are rolling in bloody quickly behind you and all. No matter how good you are there is going to be something that causes you a problem.

Zerkers don't have this problem, so the whole teamwork concept flies out the window. It ruins the game, cause although it might be fun to kill 200 specimens on your own... it is ****ing boring for everyone else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0