• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New vehicles in ro2

ARMY guy said:
although the Tiger 1 did come out in '42. I think the first use of them was North Africa if i am not mistaken though
I don't know if this is the 'first use' of Tigers but this states that they were in the area of Stalingrad:

tigerpi.jpg

Oh ho ho ho, time for revenge.
Not really. Look at the mantlet (50 mm) on the IIIJ. It covers nearly 95 % of the turret front.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pz2 would have been rare by this time. I believe their were a few in the tank command units that stayed out of combat. But really apart from that it was only the Russians that persisted with using light tanks on the front line.

As I said at this time the t70 would make up 50% or more of a Russian tank unit. The other half being t34s.

For the Germans part its was about 60% pzIII and the rest MK IV tanks in a normal tank unit.

Upvote 0
i think TWI made a mistake having fully detailed interiors for the vehicles. While they are nice and impressive (albeit superficial), it makes developing new vehicles a chore.

Now they have to fully model the interiors of the Half-Tracks and the other tanks they want to release. I'm thinking about 3-4 months of work per vehicle, and because of these we'd be lucky if we get just 1 new set of vehicles.

not a sound business or development strategy in my opinion.

Upvote 0
i think TWI made a mistake having fully detailed interiors for the vehicles. While they are nice and impressive (albeit superficial), it makes developing new vehicles a chore.

Now they have to fully model the interiors of the Half-Tracks and the other tanks they want to release. I'm thinking about 3-4 months of work per vehicle, and because of these we'd be lucky if we get just 1 new set of vehicles.

why would they have to go overboard on the rest of the vehicles? there's nothing written on stones that say they can't leave the interiors of our half-tracks bland.:confused: it's not like they can't upgrade them when they have the time.

Upvote 0

Usually your a bundle of joy liciferintears? What happened?
Personally I think the vehicle interiors are the best thing since sliced bread. I love em to death.
They are a huge differentiator for the game.... better than the ones in arma...
such immersion that will pay off in the long run.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When i said "bend history" I was making a dark joke about the idea of the Germans getting panthers or tigers, because they simply existed in 1942/43 or around there.
In this case putting in a Tiger I in game for an end of Stalingrad area aftermath map would make 100% more sense than the putting in of the MkB 42 in numbers in this game.

luciferintears said:
i think TWI made a mistake having fully detailed interiors for the vehicles. While they are nice and impressive (albeit superficial)...
And incorrect as well. Especially for the PIVF2. Look here:

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=969624&postcount=5[/URL]

Upvote 0
We know they are adding some half tracks and light tanks to Ro2.

Does anyone know if they will add anything heavier, like the Panther, Tiger 1/2, and the :IS2:? I dont recall if i ever read anything that stated yes or no, maybe i missed it. Or is ro2 supposed to be light on vehicle gameplay and heavier on infantry? I have no preference ether way, i love ro any way i get it :D

:rolleyes: I wouldn't look for it from the devs for this game release. It's historically out of whack. The first appearence of the Tiger was around Jan of 1943 near Leningrad. None were seen in numbers until much later. As for the Panther, it was not seen until July 1943 during Operation Citadel. If these two eventually show up it will likely be part of an SDK package covering another phase of the war. What we really should have right now is the Pzkfw 251 and maybe a lend-lease allied vehicle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
not what reall Im talking about. I'm talking how the Germans are given another medium tank, and soviets get a light tank. How is that fair? why not an panzer 2 for the germans?

When i said "bend history" I was making a dark joke about the idea of the Germans getting panthers or tigers, because they simply existed in 1942/43 or around there.

HUH?
Read up stats on the T-70.
The bloody thing is as well armored as a T-34...
45 mm gun, which is pretty good.
45 km/h speed.

The tank is short and boxy, it should be able to maneuver ridiculously well.

The Tigers did take part in Operation Winter Storm.

Upvote 0
HUH?
Read up stats on the T-70.
The bloody thing is as well armored as a T-34...
45 mm gun, which is pretty good.
45 km/h speed.

The tank is short and boxy, it should be able to maneuver ridiculously well.

The Tigers did take part in Operation Winter Storm.

yeah, it is pretty well armored, it all depends if each tank will be able to take each other out. I bet close range the 50mm PZ.III gun can...but can the 45mm do the same? we'll have to see...since for some reason the T-34 can't use it's speed either because somehow its not much faster than an panzer 4.

Upvote 0
Read up stats on the T-70. The bloody thing is as well armored as a T-34...
Incorrect. If google translate correctly translated this stuff (see below) then the nose is 45 @ 30 deg and the glacis is 35 @ 60 deg both of which are more than vulnerable to 50mm L/60.

Средний лобовой лист, установленный под углом 30

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are all quite on the right way. There was a spare amount of situations were Tigers can be found in fight around Stalingrad, best example is the try of the 4. Panzerdivision under Generaloberst Hoth to free the 6. Armee, which was surrounded by the russians (December 1942).

Heres a list of the tanks the Wehrmacht actually used in Stalingrad:
Battletanks
-PzKw III
-PzKw IV
-some PzKw 38 (t)(loot tanks from the czech) /spare number

Storm Tanks
-StuG III
-StuH 42

Tank Hunters
-JgPz 38 (t) "Hetzer"

Self Propelled Guns
-Marder II /spare number
-StPz II /spare number
-StPz 38 (t) "Grille"
-PzHb Wespe /spare number

And ofc multiple versions of the SdKfz.

This list can contain mistakes, I don't know everything really clear but you can be sure to find one of these vehicles around the fights for Stalingrad. If anyone finds a mistakes of sees that I'm wrong, forgive me and feel free to correct me.

Upvote 0