• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"What will bring you back?" Thread

Spindle

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2011
Belgium
As everyone well knows, this "sequel" has lost it's playerbase quite rapidly (RO 1 players and CoD, Bf3.. players aswell).

This thread is about what will bring you back playing it.

Post your minor/major things that will bring you back playing the game (time spent). Because I read many posts how people play the game, but not as much as RO 1.

E.g:
- larger maps
- slower reload times
- more sway
etc

Note: this is not a complaint thread, this thread is how they can increase the playerbase again by altering some game components.

- better ping

- less servers with bots and more with real people

- re design points on some maps, like grain elevator ( make more capture points with smaller areas and make it were the Germans have to actually fight for every foot of ground vs just capture the bottom)

- more capture points of fallen heroes on the buildings on the out skirts

Honestly I load up RO2 every day, look at the servers, no ones on and I leave and play BF3. Want to play ro2, just want to play with real people not bots.

- stamina bar should stay on screen when its not full

if( stamina bar != full)
{
display it
}

More types of scenerioes to play maybe.

Honestly I think after the SDK is released, RO2 will come back to life.

Upvote 0
I still play, but not as often anymore. These things would make the game extremely good, in my opinion:

More maps.
Huge maps.
Fewer squad leaders. (2-3 at most, excluding the commander)
I think the recoil and sway are fine as they are, but I can't fathom why the sway is not influenced by having low stamina.
Making the MKb-42 and AVT-40 weapons extremely rare. (so rare that only 1 of each spawns per round)
Replacing the class-selection screen with an improved squad selection screen.

Upvote 0
- native voices (as so vehemently promised)

- death sounds/gurgles/screams (used to be there, where'd they go?)

- assorted dumb **** with the menus (always pre-selecting first spawn on the spawn menu, map voting chat doesnt work, vote kicking/role voting still doesn't work,etc)

- indication of whether spawning on your SL will be successful or not.

- colored voice chat for team, squad etc. RO had this, why the regression?

- choose-able unlocks. the g41 scope and mkb 42 scope are useless. and maybe I want the sight hood on my k98 at lvl 50?

For me, its not really anything huge. I could care less about the number of automatics on the map, cuz I roll as rifleman and get great satisfaction out of bayoneting subbers. I could care less about the bandaging system and the fact that injuries were removed.

What does drive me away from the game are broken promises and lack of polish on areas of the menus/game that I have to frequently use (no indication if spawn on SL will be successful, for example). For me and my friends its not one huge problem that drove us away, its a lot of little problems that add up to a frustrating experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: breadtruck
Upvote 0
1) Better maps, i.e. larger, more rifle friendly, and give me some forested areas already (screw this being stalingrad)

2) The return of the bolt dominance. Do whatever you have to--larger, more open maps, a little more sight-zoom (not shift-sprint-zoom crap), and more powerful (if I shoot you in the shoulder, your shoulder should explode and you should be down for the count)

3) ping fix--I mean seriously.

4) And obviously more players, since right now the pickings are poor and bots get boring.

Upvote 0
I still think the zoom is a brilliant idea, and TWI was very clever in implementing it. Although it seems to zoom in for you, it really brings the perspective to the same point for all guns. Whether it's a pistol or a rifle, you should be able to see the same distance in real life, so I think it's quite realistic. The larger field of view on the pistol is for use in closer quarters where peripheral sight is more important whereas the view on the rifle is narrowed because it's meant to be used at longer ranges anyways. They zoom in to the same point when holding Lshift and ironsighted. I really don't understand the fuss about this mechanic.

I'm happy with the changes they made to weapon balance; there are much fewer semi autos in games now and I don't feel as defenseless for playing a bolt.

I would like to see some more consistent bullet penetration. Sometimes it seems to pierce brick walls and other times it can't go through a wooden board. Even more peculiarly it will penetrate some walls in only one direction.

The latch on cover system is still a bit finicky at points, but is usually fixed by just re-covering.

Demo recording is something I'd love to see implemented in a better fashion. I know they're working on it, though.

Besides all these points, I still play and absolutely adore this game. It's better paced and more satisfying then any other fps I currently play.

Upvote 0