• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Americas Army killer mod

I heard from a reliable source, that the former Infiltration development team might start developing a modern-warfare mod once the UE3 version of RO is released.

But I haven't heard anything from themselves.

Shame they didn't already start with the current RO version. :D

Well they did work a bit on ue2.5 but found out it could not be properly adapted to theire needs. So far no engine has been chosen. However there is interest in the crysis engine.

Upvote 0
If somebody wanted to attempt to get this started all they would have to do imo is to make an AK model and AR/M4 model and drop them in the current game.

From there they could attempt to get seperate player models and more (as the other mod teams arround will probably need character modelers and animators (as few as there are) less ).

Could go step by very basic step. But thats my opinion.

Upvote 0
You see, even the devs like it ;)
AK &M4 is enough for starters. But we also need 2 sniper rifles, grenadelaunchers, machineguns.

AA is great and free, but there's not many ruskies playing it. When you think about it, its not hard to understand is it.
But there's quite a few ruskies in RO now and i think this only makes this idea better.
They love to kill one another, and europeans love to kill both sides.

Anyway, its not just weapons, we need voice recordings too.
But there should be plenty of stuff around we can recycle, for all parts of the mod.

Like i've said allready. Bridge crossing is still one of the most popular maps in AA.
If we made something that resembles it, we would surly get some attention from within and outside this community.
It might help to expand this community even more.
Good for Tripwire = Good for us and RO2-3

It will be great fun to make and play.

RO The Cold War. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
You see, even the devs like it ;)
AK &M4 is enough for starters. But we also need 2 sniper rifles, grenadelaunchers, machineguns.

AA is great and free, but there's not many ruskies playing it. When you think about it, its not hard to understand is it.
But there's quite a few ruskies in RO now and i think this only makes this idea better.
They love to kill one another, and europeans love to kill both sides.

Anyway, its not just weapons, we need voice recordings too.
But there should be plenty of stuff around we can recycle, for all parts of the mod.

Like i've said allready. Bridge crossing is still one of the most popular maps in AA.
If we made something that resembles it, we would surly get some attention from within and outside this community.
It might help to expand this community even more.
Good for Tripwire = Good for us and RO2-3

It will be great fun to make and play.

RO The Cold War. :rolleyes:

The ruskies are at CS tkling each other :rolleyes:

IMO bridge crossing is the worst map, its all about camping. And AA imo has to limited range of view :( if RO is going to make a mod that resembles AA it has to have to be RO movement.

Upvote 0
Bridge Crossing isn't one of my favourits either, but every AA player knows it.
Of coerce, if we make the map, it will be quite diffrent in game play than in AA.
Creating a clone is not what I want, but insted something that would look familiar.

But how and when etc, is a task for the mod team to decide.

I'm more interested in what maps we could reuse.

Upvote 0
I heard from a reliable source, that the former Infiltration development team might start developing a modern-warfare mod once the UE3 version of RO is released.

But I haven't heard anything from themselves.

Shame they didn't already start with the current RO version. :D

Duh, they're probably doing meshes, textures etc. :p

Upvote 0
this is a good idea but AA has only the american side to both sides (your always American carrying a m-16 A2 or something) y not have a good old terrorist side heh?

Why, because if they can play terrorists, they might be inspired to travel to the nearest Islamic hellhole and join Al Quaeda. Besides, it is, after all, technically a recruiting tool.

Seriously though, a modern day mod should include the very relevant Luxembourg light infantry. Americans should stop thinking they're the center of the universe, it's not like they dwarf Europe militarily or anything.

Upvote 0
Why, because if they can play terrorists, they might be inspired to travel to the nearest Islamic hellhole and join Al Quaeda. Besides, it is, after all, technically a recruiting tool.

Seriously though, a modern day mod should include the very relevant Luxembourg light infantry. Americans should stop thinking they're the center of the universe, it's not like they dwarf Europe militarily or anything.

Are you really that insecure that you have to bring up your argument of 'anyone who does not want the US in a mod is a typical anti-American who is scared of their own country's irrelevance' before anyone has even mentioned not including the USA? You seriously need to relax about all this. Can you not accept that some people want variety in mods, and are not simply tired of the same old formula?

By the way, if anyone is looking for an RO-esque modern mod, the Insurgency Mod for Half Life 2 comes out this month. It's led by the founder of RO and looks like it will be excellent.

(on a Tairos related note, I've actually noted many examples of the opposite of what he seems to jump up and down about - lots of Americans seriously saying they cannot bring themselves to shoot at American Marines in a game... now who takes the placement of countries in games too seriously?)

Upvote 0