• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No Luger?

Nicholas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Is the Luger going t be in this game? I didn't see anything about it.

If they have it in this game I think it should be more accurate than the Walther but maybe prone to jamming if it gets dirty? The Walther does have the single action trigger though.

In RO1 I always used the Luger if I was a tank commander or squad leader but the Walther if I was anything else.

Is the Luger going t be in this game? I didn't see anything about it.

If they have it in this game I think it should be more accurate than the Walther but maybe prone to jamming if it gets dirty? The Walther does have the single action trigger though.

In RO1 I always used the Luger if I was a tank commander or squad leader but the Walther if I was anything else.

The P-38 is more accurate than the Luger IRL.

Upvote 0
Let's open the accurate historybook.:D
The Luger P08 has its origins in Imperial Germany, Bismarck and Wilhelm you know ;). But very interestingly the P08 was the archsymbol of discipline and order in the Third Reich and therefore the favored sidearm of many Axis officers.
The Walther P38 was introduced during the mid-30s and should replace the P08 as the standard sidearm. This didn't really work out as supply routes were not as good and the end of the war came too soon.
But about sidearms I'm a bit surprised to see the C96 in action as this was a very old style pistol. The production ended in 1936, so before the Great War went for it's second round. Also I believe to remember that very few Wehrmacht units received and kept it but the Waffen SS did.

Upvote 0
Even though the P38 was made to replace the Luger doesn't mean that it actually did. There were still millions of Lugers being used in all branches of the German military throughout the war. Even today Lugers aren't very rare and are extremely collectible.

It would be silly for RO2 not to have the Luger, especially since it was in RO1.

Upvote 0
Let's open the accurate historybook.:D
The Luger P08 has its origins in Imperial Germany, Bismarck and Wilhelm you know ;). But very interestingly the P08 was the archsymbol of discipline and order in the Third Reich and therefore the favored sidearm of many Axis officers.
The Walther P38 was introduced during the mid-30s and should replace the P08 as the standard sidearm. This didn't really work out as supply routes were not as good and the end of the war came too soon.
But about sidearms I'm a bit surprised to see the C96 in action as this was a very old style pistol. The production ended in 1936, so before the Great War went for it's second round. Also I believe to remember that very few Wehrmacht units received and kept it but the Waffen SS did.

So more SS units would have used the Luger while more Wehrmacht units would have used the Walther? What of the C96 though?

Upvote 0
The P-38 is more accurate than the Luger IRL.
I have shot both and the Luger is quite accurate. The P38 is accurate too. Both are combat accurate. The P38 is more reliable though. The Luger is a bit finicky.

Three words.

Single action trigger.
The P38 is single action after the first shot which is double action.

Last edited:
Upvote 0