• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] SP Campaign Chapter 8 Bug

skewe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 15, 2011
Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears that it's impossible (for me anyways) to finish the first part of chapter 8 as Axis. It's the mission where you learn how to use the radio and be a commander.

It moves onto Phase 2 and after calling in a strike the narrator tells you to go outside and view your strike, and that's all. I called in multiple strikes and recons and reinforcements but there is no further prompt. It also seems impossible to kill any Allies in the village via the strikes as well.

This bug occurred after the September 15th patch which loaded around 8pm EST.

Maybe I'm missing something here but to me anyways it appears to be a bug/glitch.

I've also found that if I continue the campaign, it skips some chapters which I was unable to finish successfully before, and just moves onto the next one.

Great game anyways! A lot of fun!

Reactions: arramus
lots of us having this issue. i posted in another topic complaining of the same that i managed to glitch out and become a riflemen to get over to the "village" you are supposed to arty. even if you kill the russians mission does not advance and there is a huge invisible wall about 20 feet in the air that is stopping the arty :p.

Upvote 0
I've found a workaround for this problem, if you open the console at the main menu and type: open SP-12_RedOctoberFactory_Ger it will load the next level and you will unlock the Allied Campaign after completing the last German level :D

Happy Gaming and I hope I didn't spoil anyones hope of more German levels x)

Oh, and by the way, it will make the game to skip the intro movie for the mission (and the one after the mission is complete as well), but, if you play through the last German mission and restart the game and start the Allied Campaign, the movies will load as usual :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Grishnakh
Upvote 0
For what i see in the video the 3d marker seems a bit too far, i done it two times by putting once the 3d marker between the houses block in the middle of the village and once in the same direction as you but not so far, then you look arty fall and it asks you to send the troops attack the village and that's it.

Maybe try those locations for strikes and see what happen, who knows.

Attachments

• 2011-09-17_003639.jpg
    2011-09-17_003639.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-09-17_003722.jpg
    2011-09-17_003722.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I did this and it worked. The game even showed the video after the mission and unlocked the Allied Campaign.

I've found a workaround for this problem, if you open the console at the main menu and type: open SP-12_RedOctoberFactory_Ger it will load the next level and you will unlock the Allied Campaign after completing the last German level :D

Happy Gaming and I hope I didn't spoil anyones hope of more German levels x)

Oh, and by the way, it will make the game to skip the intro movie for the mission (and the one after the mission is complete as well), but, if you play through the last German mission and restart the game and start the Allied Campaign, the movies will load as usual :D

Upvote 0
Hi all !
I tried well to by-pass the probleme as Soilworker says it.
But anything has to make :confused:. I thus tried to write this sentence in the console in small letter, then in capital letter tjrs nothing :mad:.
In what place exactly put you capital letters??
Is this pariel for you? Have you another solution for to take(bring) out me of it??
:IS2: Thank you in advance. :IS2:

Upvote 0