• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt Beta 2

All you have to do is go in to your System folder and delete BerlinTanksMod.u
Make sure that you are trying to play on a Beta 2 server, as the B1 and B2 versions are different.

For future releases you might want to rename a file you make a change to like this. This will save a lot of headache for users, I know I cursed when it happened to me your all ready to go then you have to exit the prog to deal with the file mismatch. It just good form and I dont think anyone is hurting for HD space.

Upvote 0
Just been playing it on the CoreNA sever with you EH. Again, got an error that closed RO, I hit the copy text button but had to press the restart button on my tower because my PC froze.

Mapwise, the Pantherturm is pretty devastating, I racked up quite a few kills with it and only died through lack of concerntration (and I'm not very good at aiming with tank turrets). Maybe reduce the amount of ammo a bit...? Just a thought.

Same sort of story with the PaK hidden in that building to the left of Dornburg Apartments. If I hadn't looked through my binoculars I could have kept nailing tanks for a lot longer.

Upvote 0
The last two objs have serious lag issues avg 3FPS , may need to take out the smoke for FPS boost it was almost unplayable Ionly stayed because I had never seen those objs. Also no one knows how to reload the pak nor could I get the left one to fire. Also on the left one seems like the railing was going to get in the way of my shots anyways. Also earlier today I played on a 40 man server I think it might of been german but they replaced my interface_art_ahz_tex file which means you cant get into any other map after you get that which is just BS people need to make new files.

Upvote 0
okay, a realistic request: bigger muzzle flash. They aren't that small in such conditions. Now if the MGs and Rifles were out in broad daylight with no dust and no nothing, that would be one thing, but the only weapon that has anything resembling a muzzle-brake flash hider is the MG42. It should still show up a good bit with the rifles, which it doesn't.

Upvote 0
lot of fun, very good map. IT NEEDS SNIPER RIFLES!!! A M/N with a PU and a K98k with a Zh41 would rock the shiz outta this... unfortunately I got banned for TKing...

No too.
It would only be fun for the sniper himself.
Always amazes me why players cann't imagine how irritating it is to be shot down by an enemy you cann't see. I guess these kind of players need to be more on the receiving end of a sniperrifle I guess :D

Monk.

Upvote 0
first of all THIS MAP ROCKS!!! its currently my fav map

but i have some suggestions...

1- uneven teams - this map could have more Russians than Germans, i think it would be realistic, and fun in terms of gameplay. the germans have the mg42 and stg to give them the advantage in terms of weapons, and the russians would have the numbers to counter it. i imagine it like 20germs vs 30 russians. this would make for big russian rushes against well entrenched germans.

2- the map is a bit dislocated

3- found a small terrain glitch -
shot00010vj2.jpg

shot00009kv3.jpg

i love the uniforms, they create a confusion that adds to the feeling of the map. when u steal a nme weapon u can easily make the nme think u are one of them (when they see better it is too late:D), but its easy to get teamkilled:(.

Upvote 0
EH On the //LKGO\\ Server today i saw German in Russian Clothes have you heard of that yet. Also have you looked into making some of your structures out of Semi-Solid BSP? I hear that is supposed to cut triangles. Maybe you could tone down the emitters as well same smoke just less of it.

I kind of shied away from Semi-Solids for the most part, but I may give them a shot after I learn more about their pros and cons. I looked at them briefly but didn't put a lot of time in to it.

I played the map today....

I don't know if it was the map or the server, but automatic weapons had double capacity mags. That's retarded.

That would very likely be the server you played on. The only weapon that had its ammunition count adjusted for the map was the MG42, all else remains the same.

Upvote 0