• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
set in new options Auto NP feature, which can be selectable as you want.

In general TK kills are "No problem - that mean that team killer dont killed you for fun - it was just accident".

So why I must always type that NP word? If someone is going crazy than yes I should switch it of for next time ... but in lot of rounds you always NP players, so I think that auto NP feature will be more comfortable. Also its not hard to add it to game.

perhaps it would be better if players could optionally change the system around. So someone must type "tk" to not forgive someone, and otherwise when he types nothing the tk wont be counted. Aka rather than typing forgive every time, you will need to type when you think that someone killed you on purpose and should be kicked of the server. But having 2 options here might overcomplicate things slightly

Something different that I would like to see. Is that when someone gets team killed, the +1 team kill doesn't get added until the the period where people can forgive runs out. Because if you accidentally kill a group with an arty strike or grenade you get kicked of the server before they even have the time to say NP.

A word of advise though, never say that something is easy to do, when you expect someone else to do it. Beside every change simply costs a lot of money and could create new bugs in the process.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Adding that would be useless. That way, ppl that tk on purpose would say sorry all the time and getting forgiven a lot more.

People forgive someone just as easily now when they say sorry. Its rather that people that can't be arsed to type anything will then automatically forgive.

But the difference is that someone is truly an *** that you will not forgive him. As a result of that the TK limit could be set a lot stricter.

Upvote 0
I doesn't make any difference. Say that a server has a limit of five TKs per player. If this player commits five TKs, he will be kicked, regardless if he was forgiven for every TK or not.
This happens to me a lot. I commit a few TKs, I am forgiven for every one of them and then I'm kicked. What's the purpose of the forgive system then?

Upvote 0
I doesn't make any difference. Say that a server has a limit of five TKs per player. If this player commits five TKs, he will be kicked, regardless if he was forgiven for every TK or not.
This happens to me a lot. I commit a few TKs, I am forgiven for every one of them and then I'm kicked. What's the purpose of the forgive system then?

Nope it doesn't work like that. If the server got a tk limit of 3 and you make 20 tks but get forgiven for all nothing happens.

The issue is the damage limit, servers can set a friendly fire damage limit and that doesn't get reset so if that limit is set pretty low then you can quickly get booted off the server while you've been forgiven every time.

Upvote 0
I don't always say np either, even if he says sorry. I analyze the situation, if I was killed by a blind thrown grenade, just because they like to nade-spam a position, I won't say "np", it was completely careless and don't deserve to be forgiven.

If I'm fighting in melee with someone and one of my team TKs me trying to shoot at the other guy, I don't forgive him either, he knew the risks, yet he took the chance just so he could get a frag. He lost it and it was my life that was at stake. There is no way I'm forgiving that.

If I go around a corner and I'm killed, I do forgive that, because that is the typical situation when you can scare someone and accidents may happen.

Upvote 0
I don't always say np either, even if he says sorry. I analyze the situation, if I was killed by a blind thrown grenade, just because they like to nade-spam a position, I won't say "np", it was completely careless and don't deserve to be forgiven.

If I'm fighting in melee with someone and one of my team TKs me trying to shoot at the other guy, I don't forgive him either, he knew the risks, yet he took the chance just so he could get a frag. He lost it and it was my life that was at stake. There is no way I'm forgiving that.

If I go around a corner and I'm killed, I do forgive that, because that is the typical situation when you can scare someone and accidents may happen.
Very true, that's basicly how I do it.

Upvote 0
I definitely don't always type np. If someone teamkills me and he doesn't apologize, he is either a teamkiller or completely careless and won't be forgiven.

The np system works fine as it is imo.

You're about to throw a grenade, pull the pin... and then get shot in the head. your grenade teamkills 5 people, you're kicked off.

The system is great.

Upvote 0
All im saying is that it doesn't matter if you have to say "not forgive" or "tk" to not forgive someone, and otherwise automatically forgive.

Or wheter you have to say "forgive" or "np" to forgive and otherwise automatically not forgive. As it is currently.

No functionality is lost in either way, it just depends on what you find more convenient.

----
Tbh even though I get tked quite a lot its less than 4 times per round and when you're dead anyway typing np aint that much of a workout. But whether the system works one way or the other is something i seriously do not care about ;).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

At the second paragraph, why the **** not? :|

Upvote 0
Isn't it self explanatory?

he takes a shot that he know have a high potential of being a TK, so is not really an accident, is negligence.

Yes, but it's not deliberate teamkill either. The teamkiller kick is there to kick players who teamkill on purpose, not some 12 yo kids who didn't think ahead two seconds. You can't accuse people of teamkilling (or kick them for that) if they play badly, that's just stupid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
At the second paragraph, why the **** not? :|

It's quite hilarious yet miserable to see two guys having a bayonet duel and some guy with SMG starts shooting around and ends up teamkilling 3-4 guys total - including the guy who was dancing in circles. Even more so when someone throws a grenade in the mix after simply going by a whim that "oh I guess there's some enemies around."

Sometimes making a bayonet charge by managing to jump in middle of enemy group can be really amusing once they start shooting around like crazy and occasionally teamkills over

Upvote 0
Yes, but it's not deliberate teamkill either. The teamkiller kick is there to kick players who teamkill on purpose, not some 12 yo kids who didn't think ahead two seconds. You can't accuse people of teamkilling (or kick them for that) if they play badly, that's just stupid.

im not accusing or want them to be kicked, but i just don't feel like forgiving them either, maybe that will teach them to pay more attention next time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0