• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Multiplying Mutant

seems kind of odd that melee is singled out when 5/6 perks use guns.

Any reason zerker is being singled out here? Why not make it include guns, so that the thing mulitplies for all classes, basically making it count almost as a compact zed transport (it's normal form is really just a carrier for the smaller forms)?
What I hoped with the Splitter for that it'll split no matter how you kill and when you kill the spawnlings, they'll just explode.

Like when it splits, there is like a delay from when it hits the ground, to it starts to split and if you kill it with a nadelauncher, it'll just be blown to pieces.

One question - what's Splitter's purpose? What would it change to whole gameplay? What adds fun with this? What are it's looks? Is it a he or she?

Sounds kinda bad, but who knows, maybe this what I seem to see like a joke has a deeper meaning ;)
Cause the spawnlings will explode upon death, it'll not be a job for the zerker to kill (unless there's a medic around), and it would force people to think twice before wasting ammo, i guess? :p

And the add fun thing. More killing I guess? - What more fun do you need?

And it wouldn't really care weither it was a male or a female.

And I dunno about the looks. Any ideas? :D

Upvote 0
Well I was thinking headshots would be an instant kill on it and Melee attacks make it multiply.... But i guess any attack that dismembers body parts make it multiply. Rocket launchers and explosives make it multiply as well.

Flame thrower the only weapon having an advatage on this mutant

The original mutant drops 4 spawns that cannot multiply.(maybe they can be marked by diffrent colors)

Upvote 0
yeah, I vote that all forms of attack multily it.

However, maybe it could be like the slime, where it would have to take a certain amount of damage, then multiply?

I dont see how fire would make it multiply....Fire is not really an attack that uses force to split them or dismember body parts. Fire against multiplying Freaks just feels right to me:D

Upvote 0
I dont see how fire would make it multiply....Fire is not really an attack that uses force to split them or dismember body parts. Fire against multiplying Freaks just feels right to me:D

yeah, but that would be kind of unfair towards everyone else. After the firebug got it's mac10 and popularity, I stopped seeing it as necessary to give them some sort of advantage.

Upvote 0
I was thinking of something like a 'breeding specimen' that constantly spawns considerably smaller specimens.

The Matriarch (?) itself moves slowly, doesn't deal too much damage, has low HP and stays away from battle,
it even runs from players if they're getting closer.
It's only purpose is to spawn smaller specimens (maybe bugs or something) which have like 1HP and deal very little damage.
Still players would be forced to leave their camping spot to take her out and prevent her from spawning further bugs.

Upvote 0
What's so funny about it ?
You just don't get it, do you ?

Why would you give more health to an enemy that
a) is way smaller than a crawler
b) is potentially spawned in infinite numbers
c) a FRIGGIN BUG !
It's like if you said a POKE is a DEATH for a spider. 10hp+ maybe would sound better even though still a fast kill. And really, a BUG is kinda too small to even be a REASON to search for matriarch. She'd die out of boredom most likely. Maybe just some kinda baby-clots, with half clot health, and crawling by hands, no legs, covered with liquids (yum!)... maybe something like this?

Upvote 0
What's so funny about it ?
You just don't get it, do you ?

Why would you give more health to an enemy that
a) is way smaller than a crawler
b) is potentially spawned in infinite numbers
c) a FRIGGIN BUG !

I get were you comming from I have played severs where they scaled back the size of crawlers by 1/2. So i could under stand if the matriach you talking about spawns swams of flys or something like that or baby crawlers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As for the appearance and background story...it could be a reptilian humanoid that was the result of crossing human and lizard DNA to create a soldier with superhuman regenerative abilities. :D

...a lot like Lizard from Spiderman, now that I think about it >.>
Jeez, not only Lizard from Spiderman, it's very popular motive. Like Reptile from Mortal Combat... even in Soul Calibour you have reptilian. Also Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Jesus Christ, next monster suggested would be I guess a dragon? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0