• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'm excited for RO2, but one gripe: No Impact Force?

As already said, this game is not trying to be a hollywood movie (wink wink bf3 and mw3) and im very fine with the impact in this game. I dont consider mythbusters to be very accurate (since its infotainment) but I think in one episode they showed the difference between hollywood impact force and real impact force.

All you need to know is basic physics. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. If the person firing the bullet isn't knocked over, then the person being hit by it won't be knocked over either.

If I kicked you in the chest full force, I would hit you with more energy than a bullet, but it would be spread over a larger surface area. I would be able to drive you back rather easily, but unable to penetrate your ribcage (although I might break it). A bullet's energy is focused into a much smaller area, which means it isn't able to knock you back, but can penetrate that small amount of tissue it actually contacts.

Upvote 0
All you need to know is basic physics. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. If the person firing the bullet isn't knocked over, then the person being hit by it won't be knocked over either.

If I kicked you in the chest full force, I would hit you with more energy than a bullet, but it would be spread over a larger surface area. I would be able to drive you back rather easily, but unable to penetrate your ribcage (although I might break it). A bullet's energy is focused into a much smaller area, which means it isn't able to knock you back, but can penetrate that small amount of tissue it actually contacts.

True. That is why 40mm HE that fails to explode (for example shot in short range) can break rib cages and cause horrific bruising, but won't break flesh and can't kill unless you hit someone in the skull/spine/neck.

Upvote 0