• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I want all human slots for tanks.

What would be cool is if the Commander could use the mouse to highlight something on his screen, and then after a several second delay (to approximate the time it would take to inform the gunner), that highlight appears on the gunner's screen. So as a Commander you could be constantly scanning for enemies and objects to destroy and highlighting them for your gunner, who would focus on getting good, accurate shots on all of them, and who could be focusing his entire time on shooting rather than having to switch out into a Commander role.

Of course, if there is no one currently occupying a slot, you should be able to toggle which open position you are using at any time. So if it's just you and the driver, you should indeed have to switch between Commander and Gunner.

As for the Loader, to me that's just gratuitous. There's no way you could make that fun enough to warrant the player slot it would take up from the server; I'd rather the player who would be thusly employed mindlessly shoving shells into the gun be elsewhere on the server, providing a more meaningful interaction with the ongoing battle, be it by operating other tanks or just contributing to the ground forces at large.

Perhaps gratuitious to make people play loader from the start, but people SHOULD be able to play loader if they want, or take over from the dead AI loader.

Upvote 0
Well thing is I got more excited about this game when I heard about the tanking and how you and some friends could go and blow things up co operatively in a tank and I can say that if there is not a loader position for humans the game would be less entertaining.
I imagined the tanks in RO2:HOS to be tense and stressful conditions to work in and the more humans in the tank the more excitement and tension would be circulating.
If people are worried about the loader being boring if you look at the cutaways there seems to be at least 2 pistol ports or vision slits and I doubt an AI would be able to use them as effectively as a human with a mic.
So summarizing more people= more fun due to the atmosphere people create.

Attachments

• Pedosealofsunglasses and flames.jpg
    Pedosealofsunglasses and flames.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: jalex3
Upvote 0
people keep repeating that. it sounds hollow by now.
there is an advantage for the german tanks in that regard to the russians. the instant switch. heh, that also sounds meaningless by now.
but seriously, in a game which should be fun and balanced between 2 factions, that would be enough of an advantage.

adding another human commander would only complicate gunning. currently the gunner can switch places, make out targets, go back and aim and fire.
if we would have a commander it would be more complicated, and the gunner and commander needs a microphone, and even then there can be some confusion.

Upvote 0
people keep repeating that. it sounds hollow by now.
there is an advantage for the german tanks in that regard to the russians. the instant switch. heh, that also sounds meaningless by now.
but seriously, in a game which should be fun and balanced between 2 factions, that would be enough of an advantage.

adding another human commander would only complicate gunning. currently the gunner can switch places, make out targets, go back and aim and fire.
if we would have a commander it would be more complicated, and the gunner and commander needs a microphone, and even then there can be some confusion.

OH LAWDY, NOT COMPLICATION, WE SHOULD MAKE THIS GAME SO SIMPLE YOU JUST CLICK ONCE AND IT PLAYS ITSELF FOR YOU.

alright, dickhead moment over.

Perhaps I'm just an oddball out, but I like games that add a bit of complication and take some learning, and I think to some degree the rest of the community does as well, or they wouldn't be on these forums. Citing an extra complication as a reason not to do something is an invalid point, unless the complication is so great it makes any gains look minimal. In this case, putting an extra man in the tank and giving the tank a pair of eyes who's job is to do nothing other then to provide tactical information is NOT a minimal gain.

Tankers in ROOST who stay buttoned up and inside their tank all the time might die less to the very rare infantry or well place machinegun burst, but for every life they save vs infantry, they will die 20 times to a tank they did not see due to lost visibility.

Upvote 0