• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

French Resistance

-]DES[-Player_3

Jan 2, 2011
The other day I was thinking about how few (if any) games there were with the French Resistance, and I was thinking it'd be cool if HoS had a French Resistance Mod. Unfortunately I doubt I could make a mod, and I don't have the time to try.

but just wondering if anyone had thought of doing this.

I realize the biggest problem is that its not one army vs another army, in order for it to be realistic the teams would have to be stacked against the French.

I will tell you a secret, its called as a world war, because many countries
took part on it.

On fps games you have seen so far:
Usa
Germany
Soviet Union
UK
Italy
Japan

which left

Finland
Norway
Estonia
Lithuenia
Latvia
Poland (RO-mod)
Bulgaria
Hungary (RO-mod)
Romania
Iraq
Thailand
Vichy France
China
France
Canada (RO-mod)
Australia (RO-mod)
NewZeeland
South Africa
Yugoslavia
Belgium
Netherlands
Greece

with out a game or mod. But its good that you just realized
that there isnt game about french resistance. That will cover
all the holes on the ww2 gameing cheese. :troll:

Upvote 0
took part on it.

Usa
Germany
Soviet Union
UK
Italy
Japan

which left

Finland
Norway
Estonia
Lithuenia
Latvia
Poland (RO-mod)
Bulgaria
Hungary (RO-mod)
Romania
Iraq
Thailand
Vichy France
China
France
Canada (RO-mod)
Australia (RO-mod)
NewZeeland
South Africa
Yugoslavia
Belgium
Netherlands
Greece

with out a game or mod. But its good that you just realized
that there isnt game about french resistance. That will cover
all the holes on the ww2 gameing cheese. :troll:

I know Ethiopia doesn't count, but perhaps that could be thrown into the list? To be fair, it would work better as a Co-op mode than a PvP though (fighting Italy as out-gunned Ethiopians with your friends could be fun....PvP would lead to Ethiopian losses 80% of the time though).

Greece I'm surprised by as well, since there would be a balance between the German outgunning and the Greek positioning and terrain advantages.

I'm also surprised there is no Winter War or China v Jap games or Mods, but I do suppose some people consider it all "obscure"

Upvote 0
About Winter War mod

Finnish nature is pessimistic-realistic.
We think there is no need for such a mod which
big audience isnt interested about.

I find that if it is done well, then the big audience will care. It isn't about how well known the war itself is (actually, the winter war isn't exactly obscure, but you know what I mean), but how the gameplay and setting is.

Upvote 0
I realize the biggest problem is that its not one army vs another army, in order for it to be realistic the teams would have to be stacked against the French.
You could always do a mod about the French Expeditionary Corps. Maybe the Italian Campaign, around Monte Cassino and pushing through the Gustav Line could be an interesting setting, as I don't think Monte Cassino has ever featured in any game. You could include Goumiers and French Moroccan soldiers as well.

But as for French Resistance, I wouldn't know how to go about that in a multiplayer setting. Could make fun singleplayer though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess you are the troops in france who fought against the Germany in the begining of the war. ( If they even did?, i'm not very in to that specific subject)

Oh my god........................ Please tell me that is sarcasm.........................

I have family members who died in this war. I guess it was real enough for them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
took part on it.

Usa
Germany
Soviet Union
UK
Italy
Japan

which left