• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Multistorey

Attachments

• KF-Multistorey01.jpg
    KF-Multistorey01.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
  • KF-Multistorey02.jpg
    KF-Multistorey02.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 0
  • KF-Multistorey03.jpg
    KF-Multistorey03.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I really like the look of the map, I wouldn't even add much more lighting.

Generally I found that walking around, I never had to despatch more than 1 or 2 zeds at a time. I suppose they are spawning on multiple levels and taking a long time to catch up to me. I think it would have been better at smaller scale. i.e. keep the 3 levels + rooftop but cut the dimensions of the levels significantly. I understand you wouldn't really want to hear that so late in the day. Maybe you could play with proximity settings on ZombieVolumes so they don't have to run too far to catch up to player.

Another idea is to significantly increase the number of cars. By having banks of cars, you essentially create a corridor which adds some claustrophobic feel to the map.

I don't think it really needs a shopping mall as well at this stage, if its in propportion to the size of the carpark then I think it will just be too big. You could add a bit of shopping mall maybe just a walkway with a few shops, then have a big scene of carnage/debris to block the players from wandering further into the mall. Trader @ one of the shops

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We tested your map today in our server and finded the following problem:

The specimens in the pictures, keep jumping at the top of the buildings and never come down. Since they were unreachable in that area, we couldn't finish the game.

Here the pictures
multistorey2.jpg

multistorey1.jpg

Upvote 0
The map is way too dark... the way it is today, 90% of the players will play on the rooftop, and when the trader comes, they will dash down the stairs... then go back to roof...

if you don't do something to compensate for the darkness of the lower levels, or make the top level harder, more claustrophobical, people will just do this strategy forever and the map will get boring soon...

that's just my point of view....

Upvote 0
We tested your map today in our server and finded the following problem:

The specimens in the pictures, keep jumping at the top of the buildings and never come down. Since they were unreachable in that area, we couldn't finish the game.

Hi, You must have been one of the two people that got the file before I noticed the mistake with the rooftop spawn. Sorry about that. I took the filefront link down. You can get the corrected file from the links that Bartbear has posted below.

As far as the darkness of the levels is concerned, I agree it is dark, and that it is easier on the rooftop. I always play on the Hard Setting, so tend to find that you do get overrun, and therefore forced to leave the rooftop area, to survive. It is the intention to make the rooftop area more confined which will also make it harder up there. And I can certainly do some more work with the lighting on the lower levels.

Thanks for the feedback. Will see what I can do for Beta 3

Upvote 0
We played today the new and correct version and the game experience really improved a lot. The map became very dangerous at the roof with the jumping specimens and the new traders made us visit other areas of the map and also run a lot, but the roof still seems to be the better area to fight. That was a nice game we had there and all the guys enjoyed it.
But, and there is always a but, the maps is still to dark, a little more light inside the building, just enough to see the bugs comming would make it better, also the fps dropped very low and very often, as you can see in the right and upper corner of the picture I included here to show you an exploit area, and I think you should look in to this issue before including new modifications in your map. Sometimes the fps dropped even bellow the red line and some of the guys reported fps bellow 15, but we could pass throught the waves and the patriarch without problems. The game play was not compromised by these spikes of fps. And here goes the picture.
MULTISTOREY.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The majority of the feedback I have received has commented on the lighting (or lack of it even :D ) I have increased the lighting to all of the levels of the car park.

There is one Level of the multistorey carpark however that seems to have a lot of problems with the electricity supply (maybe the crawlers were eating the cables) It is purely by coincidence of course, that the darkest level also happens to be the place where there is a greater chance of picking up ammo. ;)

I was told about the area under the stairs (from Beta1) and there is now a crate blocking this in Beta 2. The frame rate has definately taken a hit with the latest beta so I am working on figuring out the best method for optimising the map now. I am happy enough with the placement of everything, and it seems to be playing okay.

WIll get this one finalised soon I think, and can then start working on my next one.

Upvote 0