• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have you ever seen a buggier release?

There is one developer, who claims to make games with a high standard, who still hasn't fixed bugs in their vanilla version of their game.

They can't be arsed to fix those "because people rush past that content in a day".
I'm talking about Blizzard's World of Warcraft. THE most succesfull game in the world.

200 people working on one game with a CBA attitude...

And another one, highly notorious (in my book) for not delivering fixes, is EA. Simcity 4 + Rushhour. 2 fixes, that's it. But still has game breaking bugs. The Sims series anyone? 2 fixes, after that we could go screw ourselves. New content yes, fixes no.

Activision's Call of Duty had a bug which you could crash a server with. CoD:WaW still had it (CoD, UO, CoD 2, CoD: MW, CoD: WaW) how sad is that at the 5th release you still had that bug.
B.t.w. more then 100 people worked on those games, compared to the 20-30 on RoHoS...

GO TRIPWIRE!!!!! It's just a matter of time, just be a little patient guys.

Upvote 0
yes i have. :rolleyes: this is by far not the buggiest release ive seen. :cool: also i wasn't expecting a perfect release infact this game is gonna get squashed by bf3 and only the ro2 faithful will remain until they fix there ****. (i say ro2 faithful because this game is a little bit of a stab to all the ro1 guys.) however there's still room to fix it and i hope that they will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes i have. :rolleyes: this is by far not the buggiest release ive seen. :cool: also i wasn't expecting a perfect release infact this game is gonna get squashed by bf3 and only the ro2 faithful will remain until they fix there ****. (i say ro2 faithful because this game is a little bit of a stab to all the ro1 guys.) however there's still room to fix it and i hope that they will.
im only getting bf3 for the singleplayer.. if its >8 hours.. the mp suck in bf/cod games, becuse its infested by 10y old kids ..

Upvote 0
I see a bug that I mentioned just now in my post, and I suppose 3 VERY minor bugs that I did not know about. The rest is just updates in general, and imho the replay bug was the only bug worth mentioning.

I didn't quote the whole page for reasons of sanity. Verify my quote by checking the link and scroll down. You will find a HUGE list of bugs being fixed.

I suppose I can't say it was a bug free release, but it was certainly the LEAST BUGGIEST RELEASE OF ALL TIME. ZERO GAMEBREAKERS. Sry for caps.

Oh really? You've tried them all? Every game. Ever.

Puff, puff, pass, dude.

Upvote 0
In all my 30 years of computer gaming, going back to the old Coleco computer with the tape drive you hooked up to your tv, I have seen only a single release buggier, and that was nearly 20 years ago: "Darklands."

So you've never played games? Well, welcome to PC gaming. It's awesome in every way... even in it's ability to single you out and **** on you. You may have beaten the odds until now, but just look at the list of AAA titles that are repeated over and over again by player after player, and think to yourself:

"Am I being totally honest?"

Reactions: grothesj2
Upvote 0
I have not, but I'm genuinely curious as to whether you have. We all know of the optimization issues still plaguing many users (though I myself have been lucky enough to have it run fairly well) that seems to be the major source anger on the boards.

But it's amazing to me that the simple things are so buggy. Server browser going offline, achievements not registering correctly, stat progression not being tracked, and weapon unlocks not unlocking for the people that paid for them. There isn't even a manual included with the game!

I have to say that I respect TWI for working so hard to fix these issues, but I do not believe they should have put themselves into this position. I would frankly be embarrassed to have released a game in this state.

Perhaps they will get these things sorted out; for the sake of the community, I certainly hope they do.

What about Bad company 2,Call of duty black ops Medal of Honor and so on.Some of the biggest releases of the last 2 years but still they have been and still are the most bugged games out there.

Yes to be honest this game is bugged.But not unpleasant or too f... .. like some of the games i mentioned before.And i do think this game will be supported.And it wont take them a year to fix few bugs.

And there will be DLC but it will be free!Unlike BF3 will be or the next cod .TWI will give us in the DLC's nore and new weapons and new maps and so on.

Upvote 0
My computer is just at minimum requirements (cheap-ish laptop), and I still have a ton of lag at lowest settings.

minimum requirements (cheap-ish laptop)

I still have a ton of lag

:confused:

Are you serious? You just barely meet the minimum requirements on a laptop, and you are complaining about lag on ANY settings?

OMG. Long time gamer, huh? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
In answer to the OP, no its not the buggiest I have seen.

BFBC2 had some similar bugs to RO2 upon release- bugs that the official release carried over from the beta- but many more bugs overall (even still?). More similarities: PB kicks, only a few maps to play on upon release, incorrect stat and achievement tracking.

COD:BLOPS was a mess to play with a PC online for the first couple months it was out, and nearly all of them were game breakers (lag, exploits, achievements, etc). Even worse: it was and still is a far more featureless and exciting game than RO2 is, even with a lot of RO2s features not working correctly.

As far as general performance of a game, can we really overlook one of the most awaited FPS games in history? Duke Nukem Fornever finally became Forever this year, and it bombed for reasons not related to the typical Duke plot or the lack of technological detail. I waited almost half my life for that game, and upon release it was an exercise in patience with ctds and crappy performance.

Honestly, I am content at the least with RO2, and am just as certain I will be even happier with it soon enough. Sure, I didn't get my day one unlocks on day one, I preordered it for less than $40! I would I get credit for achievements I didn't really achieve and didn't get them for ones I know I have, but I'm not really an achievement whore anyway- RO1 didn't have achievements till 2 years ago! I am confident TWI will fix the issues their new baby is having, and it will grow into something I will love as much as its older siblings.

Upvote 0