• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

take out the machete ..

BoXMaN

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
I think that I would have to remove the machete is very ugly kf has a minimum damage, and I think if I remember correctly that is the weapon with less use than the other .... any

I think I am right in saying.

or if you would have to increase the damage to a different potential from their points of view

Last edited:
actually, the machete is pretty useful in some situations; it's miniscule weight allows for a light melee backup (for a LAW carrying demo, for example). It is also extremely cheap and has moderate damage, so it's not exactly a pushover when you look at it. The main thing is that it's just not a primary weapon; if you have space and money for heavier weapons, the machete cannot outdo them for a primary weapon spot. But I have found it to be surprisingly useful in self-defence, particularly when used with the LAW.

Upvote 0
TWI just needs to go ahead and make machete dual/throwable....Machete is still the same as it was no one buys it they just pic it up by accident then sell it. People with LAW only use it because its better than nothing :troll:

I have been using it a lot lately, mainly support and demo. I slice off clot heads with it, and it is handy for killing a crawler that is right up on you. Also, since all the support weapons are slow reload, I have instant access to a non reloading, close quarters weapon. I usually buy it now wave 2 instead of extra shells, as it is more useful the more I use it, and I still have plenty of shells with it. This is HoE difficulty, btw.

Upvote 0
I haven't really used machete much,it's indeed kinda useless.When i have beserker i usually search for an axe and i find one (which is really cheap and way more powerfull than machete).A baseball bat would be way better than machete lol.

Or something like this

14989_0863_1_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have been using it a lot lately, mainly support and demo. I slice off clot heads with it, and it is handy for killing a crawler that is right up on you. Also, since all the support weapons are slow reload, I have instant access to a non reloading, close quarters weapon. I usually buy it now wave 2 instead of extra shells, as it is more useful the more I use it, and I still have plenty of shells with it. This is HoE difficulty, btw.

I'll have to give this a try after I reach level six. I only need 900k more damage, so I'm stuck in the "SHOTGUN EVERYTHING!" mentality. :\

Upvote 0
Or something like this [picture of a baseball bat with nails in it, many of them with the flat end sticking out and most of them angled so they'd just sorta bend on impact and it's really hard to get a really good focussed high-damage hit]
...that looks a lot less effective than any current ingame melee weapon. :S

Upvote 0
I'll have to give this a try after I reach level six. I only need 900k more damage, so I'm stuck in the "SHOTGUN EVERYTHING!" mentality. :\

It gives you a full arsenal of decent trash wasting, including handcannon, 9mm, dual 9mm. Yeah, it is the commando's job, but I would rather shoot stuff with a 9mm or hack off clot heads than stand around with a shotgun waiting on groups. I think a big part of support is knowing the last second to put away the 9mm and use the shotgun, when to use which shotgun, estimating how long the shells you have left will last, ect. Not saying any of you guys need this advice, but it is stuff I think of while I play.

I have noticed in any game, that the less ammo I have, the better I shoot. I have really good marksmanship anyways, but it gets insane when I have a few bullets left. I came close to running out of ammo once on STALKER, and I killed 7 enemies with 10 pistol bullets.

Upvote 0
Machete is fine for decaping weaker specimen.
Yes, axe is stronger, but it also weighs a lot more and is slower.

A baseball bat would be way better than machete

Time for another Killing Floor history lesson:
I think most of you have learned that machete used to be a pipe in the mod, BUT did you know that even early in the history of KF pipe used to be ... right, a baseball bat.
It was replaced because it was deemed "too american".

Upvote 0