• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Helmets

Interex

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
I have a suggestion for the next update. I think that there should be a new zed that wears a metal helmet to prevent head shots. Maybe the helemt could be shot off after a few rounds to the head or maybe it will stay on forever forcing players to shoot the chest instead.

Perhaps, they don't have to add any new zed. And instead when you play on suicidal and maybe hard some of the zeds already in the game will have helmets. Like maybe only 20% of the zeds on hard will spawn with a helmet and on suicidal 35% will have one.

I think that will make the game harder to play. Let me know what you guys think. If you can think of something else better post here :).

Every perk should have at least one Zed they're awesome again, one Zed they're total crap against, and a bunch of Zeds that fall in the middle.

Sharp is currently bad against nothing. This should be remedied.

And awesome against EVERYTHING... There's nothing in the game a Sharpshooter can't kill in 2 Crossbow hits, save for the Patriarch! Nothing!

Then you have the Berseker who's near useless...bleh...

Upvote 0
That's an idea I've mentioned. More along the lines of a new specimen. Overall, the specimen would be built like a rock covered in extremely dense skin deformities that resemble "armor". Rather than relying on a Sharpshooter to headshot the specimen, it will take the combined effort of the entire squad to bring down.

Fortunately, it'll be slower than the Flesh Pound, haha.

Upvote 0
I don't know if we have to go that far, but...

Well, does sharpshooter only get headshot damage increase, or a damage increase overall?

If it's just a headshot damage increase, then a specimen that is impossible to headshot (due to a helmet or whatever) would be great as something it can't (easily) take down.

Sharpshooters get an increase in base damage with 9mm Beretta, Lever Action Rifle, and the M14. Also, is given a boost in headshot damage as well.

A Sharpshooter with a Lever Action Rifle can kill most lesser specimens with a single shot to almost any part of the body.

Upvote 0