• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scorched Earth - Clan Knockout Tournament

Hmm I am a little confused:

First post said "Sign up with a team of total 16 members". What does that mean? On the signup site it had "ex 23" so surely 16 cannot be max amoutn of player, but perhaps minimum?

First post said "All teams must register with full "Member" and "Clan" Names.". It sounds like you need to mention all players by name, yet you were not able to do that on the signup page.

Clearification would be awesome =).
(Signed up already though, but entered 17 players but not by name)

The total amount of members is the total amount of members your clan has. Not how many are participating in this tournament or what you are signing up with ;)

And nope, currently you only have to worry about the names of the team captain and vice captain. Not of all the participants. The moment we need all the names of the members are when the clans are selected, it is not something to worry about right now ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It gets dicey with my group. We all play a Company oif Heroes Modification(Europe in Ruins.www.europeinruins.com) we were planning to split our RO2 playing members by region (NA/EU) and in that way enter 2 distinct regional teams.

We've not diverged enough to form two seperate teams so we're now going to run one but when it asks for all potnetial members I could literally list hundreds. Our Mod quite literally is a clan in that we play all sorts of different games and spend alot of time together. Even if I just restrict it to members of our mod who own RO2 it's still quite a large number.

Shall I just enter our member stats?(it's into the hundreds[technically thousands] of unique ID's)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some clarification please.

We also are a very large multi-gaming Clan. The OP says only 1 team is allowed. Does that mean only 1 team per Clan? Or is 1 team per division allowed, meaning 1 US team and 1 EU team?

Thank you!

It means 1 team per clan..You then have to decide what division you wish to participate in..USA or EU..;)

Upvote 0
What about CoreNA vs Core, they are effectively one clan yet still 2 separate clans. How is the distinction made?

There is no distinction, If Core are 1 clan then they can only enter 1 team..The fact they have a US and a UK divsion is not an issue for the Scorched Earth team but an internal issue for Core to sort out.
The rules are quite clear 1 clan 1 team.
We will only accecpt one application per Clan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Core and CoreNA are 2 entirely separate clans - we don't share a website, we don't share players for matches and the leaders for each are different.

Although we are still friends with the guys in CoreNA, we have not been "effectively one clan" for a few years at least.

The rule 1 clan, 1 team is fine for us because, as stated above, we are 2 clans :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: smokeythebear
Upvote 0
Core and CoreNA not the same clan, but sister clans from what I know, they are different teams, with entirely different websites, leadership and lineups.

Which is why I wondered where the distinction was made. When is a clan truly the same clan and when is it a separate clan. Because sometimes the same website is shared for different clans. Or the same clan has totally grown away from each other essentially forming 2 different clans using seperate websites.

CIA/COR were 2 different clans before they merged and formed TK, but at the end they effectively seemed pretty much the same as to being one clan. While Core and CoreNA are as different as any clan, but by name and origin seem and essentially are the EU and NA section of the same group, although they are completely independent and not connected in anyway now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The total amount of members is the total amount of members your clan has. Not how many are participating in this tournament or what you are signing up with ;)

And nope, currently you only have to worry about the names of the team captain and vice captain. Not of all the participants. The moment we need all the names of the members are when the clans are selected, it is not something to worry about right now ;)
So you guys are randomly selecting clans that sign up? Or is it first come first serve?

Upvote 0
hello~ sponsor, our clan from China, can we attend? our timezone is +8GMT. plese reply me , thank you very much~

Yes - You may enter a team but remember that you are at a significant disadvantage when playing other teams because of your timezone and distance as ALL mtaches will be played on the official servers based in the USA or Europe.

PersonallyI would say that you may struggle to compete to the best of your abillity because of these disadvantages but hey if the spirits willing then go for it..;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Schreq
Upvote 0
So you guys are randomly selecting clans that sign up? Or is it first come first serve?

There is nothing random about it..There is an internal selection process which is very fair and very dispassionate..

The whole Scorched Earth team (FH, TWI and TWB) were very aware that a robust and rigorous selection process would be needed.

That is in place..And no we will not be telling anyone how it works..

Suffice to say that all concerned want a tournament that will represent a showpeice for the game and highlight the best aspects of the community that support that game.

In some ways the prize money is secondary to those aspirations..
We all want to show just how good the game is and just how good its community is.:D

Upvote 0
I have no grudge against you, Forgotten Honor or Scorched Earth. You struck an awesome deal with TWI, and if it generates interest in playing RO competitively, more power to you. I do think it will also benefit ROLadder, as, as long as I am not mistaken, you don't offer ladders for clan play outside of that tourney.

Appreciate that and thanks for the kind words and yes you are correct FH/SE do not offer RO2 ladders..They may do more one off events..But long term ladders are not on the agenda..;)

Upvote 0
There is nothing random about it..There is an internal selection process which is very fair and very dispassionate..

The whole Scorched Earth team (FH, TWI and TWB) were very aware that a robust and rigorous selection process would be needed.

That is in place..And no we will not be telling anyone how it works..

Suffice to say that all concerned want a tournament that will represent a showpeice for the game and highlight the best aspects of the community that support that game.

So can you tell us who is in this team and what their credentials are that put them in a position to choose the right teams?

Upvote 0
So can you tell us who is in this team and what their credentials are that put them in a position to choose the right teams?

Why do they need credentials?
What credentials do they need?
And why are you asking for them?
They are not running for president they are merely part of a selection team for game tournament..:confused:

Suffice to say they are experienced adults fully capable of implementing the selection process and its mechanisms.

And no we are not revealing the team as that could put them under undue pressure from outside influences.

Last edited:
Upvote 0