• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do I stop using bayonet?!

Especially since there wasn't actually any negatives to attaching a bayonet in RO, contrary to popular belief.

You 100% sure of this? I've played RO1 for years and for me it felt it did affect the aim on pixel hunt ranges. Could have been ping/user related though, as everything else can always be.. But I never used it on very long ranges and for me it seemed to make a difference.

All these years, I've been had!? :D

Upvote 0
This should be addressed. The main problem for me is the extra length added to the weapon. It is easier to spot someone at wall cover if their bayonet is sticking out. A simple option when choosing primary weapon should be available.
You'd think something like this is already in place.. i think the mkb has a scope upgrade which could potentially be annoying at short ranges.

Upvote 0
This should be addressed. The main problem for me is the extra length added to the weapon. It is easier to spot someone at wall cover if their bayonet is sticking out. A simple option when choosing primary weapon should be available.
You'd think something like this is already in place.. i think the mkb has a scope upgrade which could potentially be annoying at short ranges.

from what i tried in single player the scope is terrible at any range

Upvote 0
sounds like their rarely played their own game.

That only happened in 2 instances:
1.) The player was completely new to the game
2.) It was a Bayonett-only server
[3.)] on Danzig
I disagree. The majority of people in servers where I played would all immediately attach their bayonets, myself included. The benefits outweighed the near non-existent drawbacks (longer weapon is more visible, that's about it). I'm not saying that I wouldn't prefer there to still be detachable bayonets with some genuine advantages/disadvantages to doing so, but I understand why TW made the decision that they did.

Upvote 0