• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I love the MP41, I do hope that makes an appearance; wooden furniture is so awesome. With a realism oriented game like RO, you shouldn't be thinking about "balance" or "differences" between certain weapons. If there's the time, you may as well add it for diversity.

In realism orientated game there should not be room for MP41, since it was used strictly by police formations. It saw very little action with SS-troops and non with the Heer, so it was not used in Stalingrad by combat troops. Probably there was not a single MP41 in Stalingrad. I think that two more or less "imaginary" guns are already enough.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In realism orientated game there should not be room for MP41, since it was used strictly by police formations. It saw very little action with SS-troops and non with the Heer, so it was not used in Stalingrad by combat troops. Probably there was not a single MP41 in Stalingrad. I think that two more or less "imaginary" guns are already enough.

I gotta call you out on a credible source for this, there seems to be a lot of mystique about what weapons were and were not in stalingrad, could be the fact that millions of people fought there yet almost none of the initial waves survived, and compared to the vast majority of fighting that went on, almost none of it was properly documented. Can't very well go around spreading stories based on a post you saw on some forum somewhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'd like to see some conclusive evidence that the MP41 was not at Stalingrad. I seem to remember some German veterans of that battle saying that they used MP40's and 41s, but I can't remember where I read that.

Yes, they did use MP41. But that means MP41(r), which was German nomination to captured PPSh-41. And that is a fact.

If there were any German MP41s in Stalingrad, I don

Upvote 0
The stock isn't there just for looks. It's there for the soldier to brace himself against recoil. I would say if the folding stock is functional in the game, recoil should be a little bit easier to control using ironsights with it unfolded and reloading could be a little bit quicker with it folded.
But that also doesn't make any sense. :confused:

There simply is no advantage of having the stock folded, other than it taking up less space in the vehicle or during a transport, or when having the weapon shouldered.

Upvote 0
But that also doesn't make any sense. :confused:

There simply is no advantage of having the stock folded, other than it taking up less space in the vehicle or during a transport, or when having the weapon shouldered.

That's a clear advantage (irrelevant in game terms), but I would think reloading could be a slightly smoother and quicker operation without those extra 8 inches of metal.

I'm just guessing here as I've never handled an MP40. A functioning stock for the MP40 just sounds cool. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's a clear advantage (irrelevant in game terms), but I would think reloading could be a slightly smoother and quicker operation without those extra 8 inches of metal.

I'm just guessing here as I've never handled an MP40. A functioning stock for the MP40 just sounds cool. :p

I would think it would be easier to reload with the stock extended as it then would be easier to hold the gun steady with one hand.

Upvote 0