• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Longest PPSH kill.

Nice!
Wouldn't the bullet just bounce off a person at that distance?

Hmmm not entirely. The PPSH has a effective range of roughly 200m?
So max kill distance through thick clothing would be around the 400-500m I'm guessing.

It really depends on the round they fire also - I remember hearing the round it fired was pretty deadly.

Upvote 0
Nope, here is the best one recorded

8TBoI.png

:eek: - unbelievable

IRL the PPSH have Effective range 150 m

Now guys try the longest kill with Mauser C96 pistol :D

Upvote 0
Maybe TWI also intrested in these datas, i foun the PPSH-s manual where they wright down everything abaut the weapon, sorry guy but it is Hungarian like me but i will translate down things
the manual is here http://kalasnyikov.hu/dokumentumok/1941m_geppisztoly.pdf

and on page 118 in the book you can find the accuracy data for the ppsh

this can be look in english this

T

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember hearing the round it fired was pretty deadly.

I wouldn't call it "deadly" so much as very small and very very fast. This translates to a very flat trajectory, which aids in accuracy @ distance. It has tendency to punch a neat, small hole right through things/people, and the standard FMJ ammo is considered to be low-level armor piercing as a result. In reality, it's not much of a killer, barring CNS/Heart shots because it doesn't tumble, expand, or make much of a hole. You're more likely to bleed out than drop dead, which is why such a high ROF is desirable on the PPSh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wouldn't call it "deadly" so much as very small and very very fast. This translates to a very flat trajectory, which aids in accuracy @ distance. It has tendency to punch a neat, small hole right through things/people, and the standard FMJ ammo is considered to be low-level armor piercing as a result. In reality, it's not much of a killer, barring CNS/Heart shots because it doesn't tumble, expand, or make much of a hole. You're more likely to bleed out than drop dead, which is why such a high ROF is desirable on the PPSh.
That's true. The 9mm does pretty much the same thing.

Upvote 0
Nice!
Wouldn't the bullet just bounce off a person at that distance?
According to my very rough estimation the bullet would have about 50 J energy left at that distance, and that's enough to go into a persons body, and maybe to just penetrate a helmet.
Retained energy at that distance is about 10% for this bullet, and with that only being about 50 J the lethality will have dropped significantly.

Upvote 0