• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Big Thank You to Tripwire

I just wanted to say this game totally rocks, it's amazing and too addicting. They have totally nailed the 2nd world war theme/setting and in my opinion have done it better than any other developer before them. The maps are really well executed, some people have complained about the graphics being outdated, being someone that doesn't play games unless it has great graphics i was pleasantly surprised by the amount of detail that has gone into this game (playing on Ultra), i'd never heard of tripwire before but i'll definitely be looking out for anything developed by them in the future. It's the best FPS i've played period. The maps have a lot of atmosphere, reminds me a lot of the movie 'Enemy at the Gates'.

As for bugs etc, i've probably put about 20hrs into this game and it has only crashed back to the desktop once which isn't bad, apart from that i haven't noticed any bugs while playing although the game has updated itself a few times so tripwire must be working really hard behind the scenes crushing any bugs that made it after the Beta.

Also the sound is worth a mention, the music and the sound effects are all top notch, when you start a round and hear all your Russian comrades shouting as you rush towards enemy lines it's really moving or when you shoot someone and hear them screaming in agony actually makes you feel a little bad for killing them, little things like this really make the game stand out.

I was really looking forward to Battlefield 3 but honestly speaking i can see myself spending more time with this game or my time being spread out equally between the two....never thought i'd be saying that, it's quite a shock but i sincerely mean it.

Once again a big thank you to Tripwire for giving me the type of game that i've always wanted.

Yes, thank you for releasing the game in such an atrocious state Tripwire, you're awesome.

It's a shame, because the game itself is really good, and will be a lot better once we can tweak it to be more authentic, competitive and challenging.

Oh boy, I sure do love all this negative rep. Keep it coming, your tears are delicious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Today I figured out one thing, the majority of the people that think this game is awesome are actually arcade CoD players, not hard core, old wolves, gamers. Most of them dont get the game, they think it's about ranking and kills not about your team wining. I guess TWI got what they wanted, they attracted wider audience and kinda sold out. Hmm but ask yourselves what will happen when BF3, COD and other games get released...

Upvote 0
In answer to your question, no i've never played the first one!

Also to the other person that wrote something stupid like tripwire got what they wanted COD players, Lol personally i HATE with a passion Call of Duty. I do like the Battlefield series though, been a fan since Battlefield 1942. Also i don't see how COD fans would like this game, it's too realistic and lets be honest you do need at least half a brain to play it.

Upvote 0
Yep, I too have been playing since the very old days and I really like RO2. I would say I've put in more hours at RO, RO:OST and Darkest Hour than any other game I've ever played. And I've certainly stuck with RO the longest while other games have come and gone.

Whilst I'm not particularly bothered about unlocking new weapons etc, I think RO was screaming out for some kind of progression system and stats. Old RO - other than when the community tried to cobble together the stat site - was over when a match ended, no progression, no record, it was just half hour games with no purpose. Now, your character can level, you can look over kills etc for various weapons, see how you perform on various classes etc. There seems to be more of a long term purpose to investing time in it, rather than in the old days where the (utterly immense) joy of a run of kills was all you had to keep you going game to game.

I do appreciate that there are various issues on release but I've never ever bought a game on release day without there being massive issues - sometimes much more and more gamebreaking than the issues I read about here. Napoleon Total War was a complete and utter farce 6 months after release and there was nowhere near the involvement and rapid patch fixes that we are seeing here - TWI are, in my experience, unrivalled in this respect and in a month or two I'd expect to see the main hardware, UI issues fixed.

Gameplay-wise, it's very different to old RO, but then sometimes, when you're on a good team, or just moving up through the map with a couple of others beside you, there are moments where the potential shines through and you feel like you're sweeping the garage in Krasnyi, or attacking the church on Jucha etc. There are definite improvements over old RO and there are some bits that have changed so markedly that people aren't going to be happy - especially people who were looking for RO mark 2 ie the exact same game souped up.

Thing is though, TWI aren't a mod team anymore and while there was a core following of RO it was very much a niche game - at times there would be only 2 or 3 full servers running (sometimes less) and as a company now who need to make money to remain in their jobs, being niche just doesn't cut the mustard. So what they have clearly tried to do is retain as much of the soul of RO as possible, while trying to make it more attractive to other people outside the core 1000 fanatical RO players. And the fact is, some of those people (like me) will adapt, some will love the new RO, and some will hate it. These haters are offset by those who are newly attracted to the game and stick around after the initial release. In the end up, they'll - hopefully - have widened their player base by at least a factor of 50 and they'll be able to continue releasing games and feeding their families.

I realise none of this helps the proportion of old hardcore players who are devastated that RO2 isn't the RO2 they wanted, but frankly there's not much that can be done about that.

I have great hopes for this once teamplay becomes the norm like in the old days - and it's getting there, just type into the chat what you want people to do and a couple will do it, it's not hard - and we have more maps, and things just settle down in general. One thing I do know is, I can fire up a game of RO and have my pick of 20+ servers, all under 100, whenever I like, which certainly could not be said for RO1 or OST, even in the weeks following release.

Upvote 0
Today I figured out one thing, the majority of the people that think this game is awesome are actually arcade CoD players, not hard core, old wolves, gamers. Most of them dont get the game, they think it's about ranking and kills not about your team wining. I guess TWI got what they wanted, they attracted wider audience and kinda sold out. Hmm but ask yourselves what will happen when BF3, COD and other games get released...

Its people like you that annoy me. Its a bloody game.

Get off your high horse.

Upvote 0

N1WkL.jpg

Upvote 0
Its you stereotypical people who play certain types of games.

90% of people here would of played COD or BF alot. Which is the most annoying part as it makes your argument totally invalid.
I play realistic simulations like OFP, ArmA, PR and I've expected something similar here, hell their PR was all about the realism and stuff. It's not my fault I got misguided. So I was actually right.

Upvote 0

Started playing video games over 20 years ago and i totally enjoy this game, now you probably are gonna say that im not a "hardcore old wolve, gamer" im just gonna laugh if you do so and wont repeat. unfortenly im not gonna play cod neither bf3. I'm sorry when i crushed your small world but before you cry i would ask you to refund because when the people leave for cod or bf3 i dont wanna play with people like you who are still crying "manly" tears while the rest of us enjoy the mods and maps that are gonna be released

Upvote 0
I play realistic simulations like OFP, ArmA, PR and I've expected something similar here, hell their PR was all about the realism and stuff. It's not my fault I got misguided. So I was actually right.

"90%"

Most old BF fans such as myself loved BF2 PR. I just don't like it when people pigeon hole certain types of gamers. Its the same as saying "consoles are for kiddies".

Upvote 0

+1

Anyone that highlights issues with RO2 is almost immediately down-voted and set upon by newbies to the RO franchise and demand to know why people are still talking about it not being like RO1.

Well kids, there's a reason. RO1 was the daddy, and playing CoD was the gaming rendition of ****ing your sister.

Upvote 0