• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Horrible Performace Issues, Me or my GPU?

MattRock

Sep 9, 2011
Wanted to know if this was a problem with my Hardware or a game issue

I am running:
AMD Phenom II Black Edition 965 3.4Ghz
8 Gigs 800Mhx DDR2 Ram
Nvidia Novac GTX 560Ti

I get 50-60 when standing still or in a building not moving, when i run around outside sometimes it drops to 20 maybe on a lucky occasion it will stay at 30ish

The game having issues or could it be something wrong with my GPU or CPU or anything ect.

Last edited:
First off, what resolution are you running?

My system is similar, though I have DDR3 and an overclocked 955 and 560Ti, but at 1600x900 and all settings ultra except lighting and shadows, MLAA Ultra anti-aliasing, no hardware physics, and everything checked except motion blur and frame smoothing. My typical framerate (haven't played since last night's update, I'm a third shifter) was 50-60fps regardless of map and server size. Only times I noticed less was in heavy smoke or laggy servers (people with 300+ pings, server was only 80-90 for me) and that was typically still over 40 fps.

Upvote 0
Completely aware that 60FPS is the cap when i have v sync on.

Which i don't have on.

I would expect a lot more than 60FPS on medium with the set-up i have id expect between 40-60 FPS on High or even ultra with the Game specs that are required to run Ro2: Heroes of Stalingrad. Where as in the game if i do set my settings to High or Ultra i get about 15-30 and 30 is when im very lucky or inside a building.

My PC is very capable of running the latest games its not a beast pc but i can run Battlefield 3 Alpha so id expect to run Ro2 on high at least...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would assume, as you have a similar setup to mine, that you might potentially see an increase in frames if you try out ultra MLAA anti-aliasing. Don't ask me how it works, but when I went from FXAA to MLAA my framerate became smoother and stayed pretty consistent around 60fps. Also, if you have frame smoothing on, it automatically starts shaving off frames over 62 fps (if you don't tweak the config file) if you are being consistently over 62.

Upvote 0