• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] My game freezes my entire computer

Littlenorwegians

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 10, 2011
OK, this is what happens after about 15 minutes of play.

It suddenly freezes and it sorta lingers on a sound if it's played. The computer freezes. I cannot do anything. Ctrl+alt+delete does nothing.
Not even using the on/off button on my PC does anything.

The game runs about 50FPS on high graphics. I've tried playing at low, the same happens.
I am voice chatting with my friends, but that should have nothing to do with it, or?

This is a huge problem. Please help.

And by the way, this does not happen on other games I play like Mass Effect 2 and Crysis 2.

Maybe your computer is overheating.Clean out the dust and try again.I had the same problem freezes and looping sound no error and alt tabbing or alt control delete didnt work.

Edit this happened in every game not just RO2 but try it if you havent cleaned it for a long time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What realtek chipset and drivers are you using?

I was using the onboard sound on my Asus P6TSE which is referred to as ALC1200 and I tried several driver versions including the latest.

What reduced the crashes the most was uninstalling the Realtek drivers and allowing win 7 to install a default set of drivers. Doing this increased the gap between crashes considerably but did not stop them.

After buying the Asus Xonar D2X I haven't had a single freeze/lockup, so it seems the problem was indeed to do with those Realtek drivers conflicting with PB or vice versa.

Upvote 0
EB is working on the issue. They are working with some users who have it. However they feel the root cause is with the realtek drivers, but so far Realtek does not appear to want to address it on their end.

We strongly suggest reaching out to Realtek and let them know if the issue affects you.

how about you work it out because this is your game and it is your fault for all the bugs this s*****ty game have since the beta day 1
i quit play this game long ago and probably every1 else will quit sun
ah... one more thing... how much time you need to fix this game? another 5 years maybe?

Upvote 0
EB is working on the issue. They are working with some users who have it. However they feel the root cause is with the realtek drivers, but so far Realtek does not appear to want to address it on their end.

We strongly suggest reaching out to Realtek and let them know if the issue affects you.

Yoshiro, my PC freezes also and dont have a REALTEK sound card.

My mb is Asus P6T Deluxe, does not include any REALTEK Chip.

Upvote 0
Hi Yoshiro, TY very much for ur answer, some of us have a real problem with those crashes.

my realteck info is like this. Im so sry but my PC have the info in spanish. Hope it helps.

I updated to last drivers my realteck, no worked for me, so i uninstalled the drivers, and i let windows 7 (64bits) to install the standart drivers in the restart.

this is not the first game ( example: bad company 2) that seems having this trouble with reralteck /punkbusted. Pls help, the only chance i can imagine is change the sound card.

Nombre del dispositivo: Dispositivo de High Definition Audio
Nombre de clase: MEDIA
Descripciуn de clase: Sound, video and game controllers
Fabricante: Microsoft
Identificaciуn de dispositivo: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_10438357&REV_1001\4&5E4D696&0&0001

Proveedor de controlador: Microsoft
Fecha del controlador: 11-19-2010
Versiуn del controlador: 6.1.7601.17514
GUID de controlador: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000

Nombre de servicio: HdAudAddService
Descripciуn del servicio: Controlador de la funci

Last edited:
Upvote 0