• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Where is my high quality muzzle break for the SVT-40?

I worked hard to get my SVT-40 on level 50. On lvl 25 you unlock the bajo, on 50 the high quality muzzle break. I wondered what would be the effect of this: lower recoil? different sound?

Well, none of this happened, the gun is still the same.
Above the AVT-40 on lvl 27, below the SVT-40 on lvl 50:

muzzlebreakz7tw.jpg

Here is as it should be, above the NEW design, below the old, which is also on my picture and on most Tokarev rifles in the game.

svt_muzzle_breaks.jpg

Y'know whats funny with your citation?

Historically the one with lots of slits is more desireable to collectors because it is rarer and an earlier model. The one with two large square holes is a later model and a simplification for production purposes. I have no knowledge of the exact dates, but i havent seen anything from '41 with the later style, and I have seen 43's with the later style. ( Not sure about 42's though. )

Something to check. What does the SVT 40 sniper look like? Because the rails on the side of the receiver were only milled onto early models and that stopped in either 41 or 42. All of those early models that can mount scopes SHOULD have the earlier style of muzzle break.

Functionality wise IRL I have never fired a svt with the late model breaks to tell if it handles recoil differently.

hehe, sorry for the rivet counting spam. I work part time at a gunshop so I've handled a few SVT 40's :D

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0