• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation My first animation :D

counterstike uses camera bob.
Animation is terrible lol, I wouldn't say force brings it to life as there are many different ways of making things look lifelike
examples:
in your case you like Force so that is one
there are more weighted Animations
and there is flowing, I prefer sticking with flowing as I did in that Animation. I was inspired both by KF's and Rainbow Six Vegas Animations as they have a nice flow to them.
exaggeration works alot with force and weight . mainly force and are 90% of the time unrealistic but work really nicely ingame
I'll do a forceful looking Animation with the normal reloads, relaxed will most likely be flowing

Last edited:
Upvote 0
looks like his pulling it out of his neck, doesn't look like we were talking about the same Counterstrike. Counterstrike Source uses camera bob no weapon movement during the walk cycle, and I am telling you CoD doesn't just use Camera movement for the walk Animations or run it uses weapon Animations with a slight bit of camera movement, watch Call of Duty Black Ops - Team Deathmatch 16 (AK-47 on Array) - YouTube that can back Me up perfectly as you see the gun is has the breathing movement during idle but when he sprints or walks it moves independent of the camera

Last edited:
Upvote 0
looks like his pulling it out of his neck, doesn't look like we were talking about the same Counterstrike. Counterstrike Source uses camera bob no weapon movement during the walk cycle,
picture.php

Look, of course I know COD series will always have camera blob movement. But CSS never had, not even once.
Counter Strike Source Gameplay Video - YouTube
The video proof it just enough, drop it or I will put you into the ignore list for the good. Anyway, progress.

Nata animation concept wip v2 - YouTube

Upvote 0
that Animation was smooth in bits but doing odd movements after he equips the thing such as running the finger across the blade or opening your hand for nothing is unnecessary.
when Animating for real you have two options which include realistic and believable; if this is just for fun then sure it's fine.
imagine you were in combat and you were just fooling around with a weapon, you'd be dead...

Why would you consider ignoring what im saying, im stating a very obvious fact, ive done this for a long time, you have only been doing this for a short time and think you know it all, i dont even know it all but i still have a considerable amount of knowledge, i dont think anyone knows it all, again its the camera moving back and forward the weapon is completely still even when its reloading.

a couple more crits:
I can see alot of wrist twist after he takes the swing.
the anticipation is way too fast and you'd need to move your arm back much more in order to gain the necessary power to kill something.
the next problem is the follow through... there is none the hand should be going around the screen until you just see the shoulder moving.
swing with your own arm and you'd see what I mean... that's if you have arms or at least normal ones.
there also is way too little finger movement and fingers are usually the main part which brings your character to life in any first person Animation
lastly the origin of the knife is off, arms look odd

I have been practising hand origins or all this year now and finally mastered it and it's not easy, nor is it something which can be taught but instead you need to learn it yourself.

don't mind this terrible render I did the other day as a test rig.
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1162/drsniper.png
you may think the arms look out of place and it is positioned at the shoulder but this is a really long gun and the left arm is stretching at-least a meter and it is slightly off to the side but other than that it looks fine to Me, I could open the FOV some more as you would see quite a bit of the stock.
don't mind the background which sais Gordon.... that's mah name :p

Upvote 0
that Animation was smooth in bits but doing odd movements after he equips the thing such as running the finger across the blade or opening your hand for nothing is unnecessary.
when Animating for real you have two options which include realistic and believable; if this is just for fun then sure it's fine.
imagine you were in combat and you were just fooling around with a weapon, you'd be dead...
It is based off Counter-Strike: Online's Nata Knife animation, nothing is realism about CSO at all.

Why would you consider ignoring what im saying, im stating a very obvious fact, ive done this for a long time, you have only been doing this for a short time and think you know it all, i dont even know it all but i still have a considerable amount of knowledge, i dont think anyone knows it all, again its the camera moving back and forward the weapon is completely still even when its reloading.
I have being study about animating since 2007 but only starting animating this year. ****ing camera movement =/= Gun movement. In Counter-Strike: Source, it is OBVIOUSLY the camera doesn't move at all beside the gun moving forth and back.

a couple more crits:
I can see alot of wrist twist after he takes the swing.
the anticipation is way too fast and you'd need to move your arm back much more in order to gain the necessary power to kill something.
How can you reach your target without moving your arm forward?
the next problem is the follow through... there is none the hand should be going around the screen until you just see the shoulder moving.
The shoulder is moving but you shouldn't see it.
swing with your own arm and you'd see what I mean... that's if you have arms or at least normal ones.
Merely based off CSO animation.
there also is way too little finger movement and fingers are usually the main part which brings your character to life in any first person Animation
lastly the origin of the knife is off, arms look odd
Again, based off CSO. I make it look that way in purpose in order to fit its counter part.

Even as newbie, I still know what am I doing. I don't mind critics and comments but argue about something as stupid like camera movement in Counter-Strike: Source are something like "Are you come out from your mother's armpit?"

Upvote 0
alright lets just settle down

you are both wrong, CS:S doesnt have walk animations for weapons and it doesnt have "camera bob"

what i believe The_Sorrow is refering to is the source engine uses "weapon bob"

based on the players movement and speed the entire rig will bob to simulate walking

this is purely on the coding side..not animation

no need to ignore anybody

step it up TW

Upvote 0
Very nice alterations! Mate this version is so much better then before and I like the sounds but maybe a slightly off with the timings but easily changed. Im impressed with this version mate so keep it up ;) You actually keep making me want to try rig some stuff for KF to try out (as I have been stucking coding recently and may do for awhile).

Mate if I actually got to modeling a weapon, would you be fine with animating it for us if I got lazy to learn it/too busy?

Upvote 0
The Sorrow is wrong, CS:S doesnt have walk animations for weapons and it doesnt have "camera bob"
Fix'd
Very nice alterations! Mate this version is so much better then before and I like the sounds but maybe a slightly off with the timings but easily changed. Im impressed with this version mate so keep it up ;) You actually keep making me want to try rig some stuff for KF to try out (as I have been stucking coding recently and may do for awhile).

Mate if I actually got to modeling a weapon, would you be fine with animating it for us if I got lazy to learn it/too busy?
Thanks, I'd love to animate some stuff here as long as I get the stuff I need to animate.

Reactions: Demon_333
Upvote 0
By camera bob he was referring to weapon bob, which it has, you are wrong

Obviously camera bob =/= weapon bob.

So who's the first that misguide me? He said he know more than me and yet he make a slightly mistake by calling weapon bob as camera bob.

I know you are pretty good friend of Sorrow but you don't have to do this to him.

Please drop this already...pointless arguement honestly. There is some kind of weapon bob and I think everyone will agree with me that we don't need this argued here. PM if you really want to continue this

Agree, I don't need more of that anymore. I make this thread for sharing my very first made animation to everyone here, not having pointless argument about another game's animation and something like "YO BRO NO REALISTIC ENOUGH!"

The point of making animation is... "MAKING SOME ANIMATION THAT AN ANIMATOR TRULY FEEL LIKE TO MAKE"

Last edited:
Upvote 0