• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Playerbase

Lol if I have learned anything from the internet its that you can't win forums arguments.While it makes for good reading forum pvp wise.

Better off posting one of these
my_hair_is_a_bird.jpg

I win! :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
its hovering around 3,000-2,500 peak.

Even with mods/updates dont expect a massive rise; maybe 3,500 on a good day. But it will decline eventually as does every game; doesnt help that there are like 15 massive games just over the horizon.
Unless an amazing mod comes out, or unless they have a sale or a free weekend.

Upvote 0
Unless an amazing mod comes out, or unless they have a sale or a free weekend.

Considering that the community will atleast offer 2 full conversions and will highly likely develop a mod to mimic Red Orchestra 1 gameplay. Along with the DLC and performance patches that tripwire will release.

Chances are that this game will have a rather odd growth cycle, where there are actually more people that play the game than after the first few months.

Upvote 0
Nice troll Lobo & Nader, A+...

@OP. The beta is still active for bug testing purposes.

Also, current player count averages seem to have stabilized around daily peaks of 2500-3000 players. I suspect many players are waiting for bug fixes, as this game has its fair share of game breakers.

The entire game is still in Alpha testing stage imo. Most broken game ever released imo. Looks more like a mod than a full game.

Upvote 0
CoD has classes? I was under the impression that you could equip any weapon and perk combination you had unlocked from the word go with absolutely no constraints.

> Splitting hair much? You can choose to be a sniper, semi auto, rifleman in CoD. It's the same concept.

Lol wut? You unlock new weapons as you level up in CoD. Your individual weapons don't get any better, you just unlock better ones.

> Splitting hair much again? Just by the fact that there is leveling mechanism to the game makes it closer to CoD than RO1.

Have you played on Fallen Fighters, RO Factory, Pavlov's House, Commisar's House, or Spartanovka lately? CoD maps don't get -nearly- that big.

> Small compard to RO1.

Not sure what game you've been playing, but RO2 has plenty of recoil. I can't fire my LMG for more than a second or two without going off target. Perhaps you're referencing the fact that I can fire an SMG without it aiming at the sky after a second or two? Well, that's because RO2 is focused on realism, as opposed to weapon balance, and it realistically isn't that hard to keep an SMG relatively on-target.

> Focused on realism? don't make me laugh.

Not sure what you mean by this. I see a lot of little details on all the models and stuff.

> The amount of details is no where close to RO1

Not sure about you, but I out-shoot any of the chuckleheads who try to hold down the trigger and spray at me. It's not that hard. Anyone with a modicum of weapon control and trigger discipline will beat a sprayer 10/10 times.

> Yeah too bad there is something called suppression system. Who ever sprays first has the upperhand just by the fact that your ironsight shifts with each whizzing bullets.

RO2 HAS GUNS, AND SO DOES CALL OF DUTY! THEY'RE EXACTLY ALIKE!

Quit being so reactionary and relying on these stupid arguments to support your flimsy opinions. Come up with legitimate criticisms and maybe people will take you seriously.

> These arguments are only stupid to you because you already made up your mind that RO2 is the end all. Do you think for once anyone's taking your reasoning seriously when all you're doing is being condescending to people just because you think they're beneath you for 'not getting it' with RO2?
It's time for you to get your head out of your ***

You're the one who's being reactionary and stupid. Having played all call of duty games up to MW competitively I can say this game is nothing like them.

You could say it's closer to Morrowind than Ro1 cos you level up while doing stuff. Jesus can it get any stupider?

Stock Ro1 maps are ALL smaller than stock RO2 maps. Models are better in ro2. Why are you using straight-out lies as arguments?

Upvote 0
Player base...

Many people stopped playing due to the bad designs choices and stupid comments from TWI (0.01%/ no we wont change we like it/ there is no problem, i don't see any problem).

The kiddies part are on BF3 beta/rage/etc.
Another part don't play because of the technical difficulties encountered to run properly the game.

No need long arguments, detailed statistics or TWI's Nader posts. yes actually the player base lowered and is kinda low.

May be wrong but i think even ROOST had more players in 2006.

Upvote 0
You're the one who's being reactionary and stupid. Having played all call of duty games up to MW competitively I can say this game is nothing like them.

You could say it's closer to Morrowind than Ro1 cos you level up while doing stuff. Jesus can it get any stupider?

Stock Ro1 maps are ALL smaller than stock RO2 maps. Models are better in ro2. Why are you using straight-out lies as arguments?

Why can't you just simply get the fact that:

RO1: Had no leveling mechanism
RO2: Has leveling mechanism
CoD: Has leveling mechanism, but different
Morrowind: Is this a shooter game?

My comparison is not as half as moronic as yours.
Is that too complicated to understand?
And do look up the definition of 'reactionary'. Because this whole thing was drawn out by people who can't just admit that some people just don't like the game and can't get over the fact that there will be complaints.

Upvote 0
...this whole thing was drawn out by people who can't just admit that some people just don't like the game and can't get over the fact that there will be complaints.

Nazarov: our "discussion" with each other in this thread has been very civil. And I hope you will take this point in the same way...

As a person that has had my share of annoying issues in this game, I understand those things. And as I said, this game is NOTHING like CoD although the point you are trying to make has some legitimacy. No doubt.

However, your quote above is not entirely true. These discussions are "drawn out" just as much by people that don't like the game and can't get over the fact that some of us do. It's true. Check the forums. It's littered with two types of posts: 1.] Someone says something positive about the game and the "haters" come in and hate; OR 2.] Someone says something negative about the game and the "lovers" come in and hate. So, actually if both sides would just ignore the other then these forums would be a much more civil place.

IMHO

Upvote 0
Nazarov: our "discussion" with each other in this thread has been very civil. And I hope you will take this point in the same way...

As a person that has had my share of annoying issues in this game, I understand those things. And as I said, this game is NOTHING like CoD although the point you are trying to make has some legitimacy. No doubt.

However, your quote above is not entirely true. These discussions are "drawn out" just as much by people that don't like the game and can't get over the fact that some of us do. It's true. Check the forums. It's littered with two types of posts: 1.] Someone says something positive about the game and the "haters" come in and hate; OR 2.] Someone says something negative about the game and the "lovers" come in and hate. So, actually if both sides would just ignore the other then these forums would be a much more civil place.

IMHO

You are definitely correct. It is a 2 way street. I fully admit that I am partial to RO and as a person that really loved RO, I am more inclined to dislike RO2. There are vets who like the game for freshness, as well and I understand that.
The thing is though, if you mine some of the advocates for RO2 enough, they have never liked RO at all. They even blatantly admitted that they have hated the game and like RO2 because it's different and faster and well...faster.
That's where my obtuseness comes in...because it's simply that RO never appealed to them and RO2 now does and those who did like RO should just conform because they like it.
I do see some positive things. For example, I was one of the people who requested mantling function. But so far, compared to the entire functionality of RO, RO2 still has a lot of room for improvement.
There is always potential, but from what little I have gathered from the dev team, they seem to be unwilling to yield to some of the changes that RO players are looking for.

I am not an avid player of CoD, but the feeling I get from RO2 is that it's a mix of some CoD and mix of some BF2: Forgotten Hope 2 mod. Not quite Red Orchestra.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know about anyone else.

But one main reason why I don't play RO2 is because of the players in game.

It's been a month and it seems like half of them A. Don't know how to play the game or B. Don't care to play the game as it was intended

I think this has to do with a majority of experienced players only playing the game sparingly and no manuals or hints for new players to learn.

There were a couple of good servers the first couple weeks of the game. But lately, I don't see any of the regulars on and the asshatedness has increased two fold.

Upvote 0