• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Punkbuster Erroneously Kicking

PhantomZero

Apr 4, 2008
I've had this happen on two servers while the tank commander, kicking lots of ***, suddenly I am kicked from the server for no discernible reason as the message when kicked is blank. On one server I knew the admin so I asked and he didnt do it and I wasn't listed in the session banlist.

I didn't TK anyone and the only thing I could think of was that maybe the tank AI gunners was setting off punkbuster aimbot detection. Is this possible or something else? I wasn't kicked while playing other classes on the same servers. The server admin removed punkbuster and it never happened again, but that is kind of a given.

Punkbuster isn't active in beta, so i doubt it kicked you.

Oh it's active alright, and kicking :(

From the changelog...

-New maps (Commissar's House, Station, Spartanovka, Pavlov's House)
-Client Performance Optimizations
-Client and Server crash fixes
-Improvements to hit detection
-Punkbuster Anti-Cheat can now be used by servers and is on by default
-Added enable PunkBuster setting and PunkBuster disabled warning in Server Browser

I underlined the important part.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh it's active alright, and kicking :(

From the changelog...

-New maps (Commissar's House, Station, Spartanovka, Pavlov's House)
-Client Performance Optimizations
-Client and Server crash fixes
-Improvements to hit detection
-Punkbuster Anti-Cheat can now be used by servers and is on by default
-Added enable PunkBuster setting and PunkBuster disabled warning in Server Browser

I underlined the important part.

Yeah, that's why i quoted myself and said i just noticed they patched the game last night. I've read the patch log, very impressive. :D:D:D

Upvote 0