• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Elder Scrolls V

Man the more I explore in this game, the more I am dumbfounded at the excruciating attention to detail and vastness of the world. I just uncovered a quest related to a dwarven ruin/dungeon of epicness that I cleared, but am going to wait til much later to actually finish it ... it appears to be far too epic this early in the game!

This game is delivering one of the finest gaming experiences I've had in years! It's been a while since a game has delivered such a high level of joy ... it seems like these days all I do is complain about the games I buy. They're either unfinished, dumbed down, or simply disappointing. Skyrim is truly my GOTY, with no reservations. It's not perfect, but the sheer artistry and joy it delivers is unmatched.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just want to say once more... I LOVE THIS GAME!

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All in favor of naming Skyrim the GOTY, say "Aye."

"Aye"

Long story short about Skyrim. The individual parts may not be the most fantastic you've ever seen (combat system, magic system, graphics, story, monsters, world, etc.), but when they're pulled together like this they basically become the greatest game mankind has ever created. Any one of these elements would make a pretty great game on it's own. Having them all in one package is enough to blow everything else I've played in the last few years clean out of the water. Even old favorite Mount and Blade is in serious danger for my "favorite RPG of all time".

40 hours in, FORCING myself to stop so I won't be useless in class tomorrow. I can't bloody tear myself away.

Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0
I read everyone's comments about how great the game looks, then I go and play The Witcher 2 to see the real thing:

/troll true
Skyrim - open world
Witcher 2 - not open world

Not to take anything away from The Witcher 2, that game looked amazing, but it's unjust to expect an open world game to be able to deliver the same amount of detail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skyrim - open world
Witcher 2 - not open world

Not to take anything away from The Witcher 2, that game looked amazing, but it's unjust to expect an open world game to be able to deliver the same amount of detail.
Witcher 2 also did not release on consoles. Obviously it will, but it will be a very different version. It's incredible the amount of detail Bethesda packed into Skyrim given the technological limits of consoles, while keeping the game looking good on PCs at the same time.

And what Skyrim lacks in visual clarity or texture size it more than makes up for with generally incredible atmosphere and art design.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I'd like to know why sometimes it shows it in third person and sometimes in first...
I love the finishing moves, but only when they're in first person. Third person is often super glitchy and kinda kills the immersion. There may not be a way to take em out for good, since some of the moves are actually tied in with skill perks. Hopefully they at least make the 3rd person versions of them optional ...

Upvote 0