• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Invasion 44

Invasion 44

Anyone here has a proper idea how to get that I44 mod to work with the Steam versions of Arma 2 (+OA) ?
I want to do those SP scenarios but I keep getting errors that some things cant be loaded :/

here is link on how to download Invasion 44 for Steam:

[url]http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?PHPSESSID=967d61a0221290a30eea8ebe7b69e94c&topic=374.0[/URL]

They deleted my post on videos from Invasion 44, i guess i cannot blame them. But my point was that that Engine runs rings around RO2. Check out my history of posts. I have been a fan of RO2 and not as critical. But someone mentioned Arma 2 engine for command and control and when i explored the game, my jaw dropped. I only bring it up because i still will play RO2; but they need to bring features into the game like in Arma 2. They should not stick their head in the sand. Iron Cross game may come out and run circles around them if they do not get RO2 on right track.

Upvote 0
So one person's anecdote is good enough for you to judge the game?

There are "reenactment/realism" groups who try to push the limits and developing a plan of action before you start the mission is always a good idea.

But 10 minute briefings are not the norm in ARMA. Plenty of servers allow you to jump in and play.

You wouldn't characterize RO2 as a slow paced tactical game if a small community only played countdown using realistic tactics and weaponry and spent the first two minutes in spawn discussing the way to take the objective, would you?

Well yeah as I said you can join any server and do anything alone, but that way game is not fun at all.
On our UO server you can join Domination any time of the day with anyone and go chilling. But when we gather up, we take it seriously and its a lot of fun getting orders. Or sometimes flying A-10 and providing Air Support on insurgent camps, or opfor player strongpoints... :)

Upvote 0
here is link on how to download Invasion 44 for Steam:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944...=967d61a0221290a30eea8ebe7b69e94c&topic=374.0http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944...=967d61a0221290a30eea8ebe7b69e94c&topic=374.0

They deleted my post on videos from Invasion 44, i guess i cannot blame them. But my point was that that Engine runs rings around RO2. Check out my history of posts. I have been a fan of RO2 and not as critical. But someone mentioned Arma 2 engine for command and control and when i explored the game, my jaw dropped. I only bring it up because i still will play RO2; but they need to bring features into the game like in Arma 2. They should not stick their head in the sand. Iron Cross game may come out and run circles around them if they do not get RO2 on right track.
Well I finally got it working, I just had to edit the .CMD file which Steam uses to launch Combined Operations to launch the mods with it.
Damn I missed a WW2 shooter like this.

Even MP missions are mostly against AI which don't really settle into houses etc so most of the fighting is on open terrain but it's still so much fun.

Arma is really one of the only games where I can start playing and keep playing for hours on end. Just now I played for like 3hours straight, I can't even remember the last game where I managed to do that, never mind last FPS :p

Upvote 0
Problems

Problems

I tried to load it last night. But when i run it, i can see the scenarios. When i select one, however, i get this message: "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.I44_Omaha"

Will go to their site and ask for help.

Does the mission editor work?

I cannot wait to play the game. The potential seems unbelieveable. Create scenarios from small unit operations to large units. YOu can create a scenario for multi player, but has other large units operating on the borders instead of in other FPS where nothing is happening on the sides/borders of the level.

I am going to learn Arma 2 and buy Arma 3 and Iron Front. And am going to learn how to use the editor and the SDK.

Upvote 0
I tried to load it last night. But when i run it, i can see the scenarios. When i select one, however, i get this message: "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.I44_Omaha"

Will go to their site and ask for help.

Does the mission editor work?

I cannot wait to play the game. The potential seems unbelieveable. Create scenarios from small unit operations to large units. YOu can create a scenario for multi player, but has other large units operating on the borders instead of in other FPS where nothing is happening on the sides/borders of the level.

I am going to learn Arma 2 and buy Arma 3 and Iron Front. And am going to learn how to use the editor and the SDK.
Ye I have exactly the same error with the SP Omaha mission, which kind of sucks since that's probably the most epic one :p
But the rest of the ones I tried seem to work tho. MP isn't a problem either, that seems to work flawlessly

Upvote 0
Mistake

Mistake

I get that error on every single player mission.

I think the Invasion 44 folks are making a big mistake. They should put the game on Steam for sale. More people would see the game and Steam would work out the installation issues as well as the updates. And they would make money on their mod!! It is absolutely fantastic this game engine and its potential!!! The terrain, the night missions, the armored vehicles, the command and control features, and on and on.

I envy you that you are playing it now. Have you explored the mission editor yet? Does it work with the WWII equipment. I would imagine it would, that is how this video was put together i believe. I cannot believe how real it looks when the Panther tanks come out of the wood line!! Just unbelievable!!!!

ArmA 2 I44 Battle - YouTube[/URL]

This is a great video on multi play team play:

ARMA 2 (CO) Invasion 1944 - Paras (KH) - YouTube[/URL]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ye I installed that thing a couple of days ago but you really need to read a manual of some sort before you start using the program, I myself found it quite complicating & overwhelming ;x
It started to download all kinds of stuff to god knows where and I was already terrified that I wouldn't be able to run vanilla servers anymore etc, so I just went for the manual way :D

Do you perhaps know if 6updater is completely compatible with the Steam versions of the game?

//edit: http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1816/arma2oa2011110317394416.jpg
That's the error I get when I try to boot that scenario trough sixupdater :/

//edit2: allright, I got it to work. So I downloaded the mods trough sixupdater and then just used my .cmd file in arma2 operation arrowhead rootfolder to launch it.
https://rapidshare.com/files/394134363/_runA2COi44.cmd

You can always edit the following line to represent the mods you want to use, or just use multiple .cmd files :)
Code:
"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@CBA;@I44"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So one person's anecdote is good enough for you to judge the game?

There are "reenactment/realism" groups who try to push the limits and developing a plan of action before you start the mission is always a good idea.

But 10 minute briefings are not the norm in ARMA. Plenty of servers allow you to jump in and play.

You wouldn't characterize RO2 as a slow paced tactical game if a small community only played countdown using realistic tactics and weaponry and spent the first two minutes in spawn discussing the way to take the objective, would you?

Sorry, but that's a straw man. As you might recall, the 10 minute briefing was not the only thing I mentioned. It was only made in response to that particular post. The open end character of the missions, the huge maps, the travel time, the general gamemechanics that favours the careful planned approach, the realism in the firefights that generally means you wont see the enemy at all if you do it the correct way, all points in that direction of how the game works and differs from RO and how the two games caters to different crowds.

Upvote 0
Sorry, but that's a straw man. As you might recall, the 10 minute briefing was not the only thing I mentioned. It was only made in response to that particular post. The open end character of the missions, the huge maps, the travel time, the general gamemechanics that favours the careful planned approach, the realism in the firefights that generally means you wont see the enemy at all if you do it the correct way, all points in that direction of how the game works and differs from RO and how the two games caters to different crowds.

I was never responding to the "2 different types of games" comment.

I was responding to your assertions about ARMA's gameplay being too tedious, which isn't true at all.

Upvote 0
I tried to load it last night. But when i run it, i can see the scenarios. When i select one, however, i get this message: "You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.I44_Omaha".

Do you have Combined Operations? thats a requirement.

RO2 appears to be dead in the water and doesnt seem to be going anywhere meaningful; at least not anytime soon. So in order to satisfy my urge for a team based ww2 shooter, i'm redownloading ARMA2 and I44.

if anyone wants to play over the weekend hit me up.

Upvote 0
Yes

Yes

I have arma 2 and arrowhead on steam. I tried all last night to get it loaded. I can bring up the scenarios, but when i click on them i get this error:

"You cannot play/edit this mission , it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.I44_omaha"

I get the error every time.

I tried to get on I44 home page forum, but they have closed membership until they fix a spamming problem they have.

It is frustrating because that MOD has so much potential. Can't wait to get it working.

Upvote 0
I have arma 2 and arrowhead on steam. I tried all last night to get it loaded. I can bring up the scenarios, but when i click on them i get this error:

"You cannot play/edit this mission , it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.I44_omaha"

I tried to get on I44 home page forum, but they have closed membership until they fix a spamming problem they have.

It is frustrating because that MOD has so much potential. Can't wait to get it working.

Are you running it from Steam as "Combined Operations"? Search between the game's properties (in Steam).

You also need the game starts from Steam with the right parameters:
-nosplash -skipintro "-name=6S.Manu" "-mod=@CBA;@JayArma2Lib;@I44;@ACRE"
for the version with i44 and ACRE.

I'll ask to one of my teammates who has Steam versions for the right procedures. I have DvD versions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Did you rename the @i44CO folder to just @i44 aswell?
Installed it to operation arrowhead folder, not arma2 folder?

Upvote 0
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

i installed it to Arrowhead folder. Renamed i44CO to just i44 and it still will not run. i get all the scenarios to show up in the scenario selection menu, but cannot open they. Still get same message.

i have tried to put the stuff after the quotation marks in the target field for the shortcut, but it does not recognize it. Tried what the say in the instructions and what was mentioned two posts higher. still does not work.

not sure what you are suggesting looking at properties in Steam?

Upvote 0
Getting Closer

Getting Closer

i put a space after i pasted "-mod=beta;@I44 -nosplash" and now i can bring up the mod screen Invasion 44 and it tries to load. i could not do that before, so i must be getting closer.

But now it says:

Addon "i44_base_effects" requires addon 'A_Crane_02" when the mod is loading

Then when i click on a scenario i get:

"You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.castructures_ruins"

Upvote 0