• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Entweichen

ERK

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
Released: 05/04/2006
Description: German guards must prevent a group of Russian prisoners from escaping.
Download

Figured I'd go ahead and start this thread since this is going to be one of the first things I do with Ostfront.

For those who've played the mod version, what would you like to see added or changed, if anything?

Last edited:
Originally, the guard room was going to be the first of a few objectives. When some friends and I tested it with just that one objective, we had too much fun the way it was... so it stayed that way. One thing I'm thinking of doing is "porting" the current version over and then also creating an extended version with the ideas I had when I first started the map.

Upvote 0
Yes - the level is very small and is basically a couple of subtracted cubes with very minimal deco but the gameplay is fun\spammy simply because that many soldiers packed into a small area is gonna cause mayhem anyway

I'm not sure a port is necessary tbh - maybe carry some of the ideas over from this level into a brand new one - if you're working on a similar theme then it wouldn't take that long to knock out a couple of extra rooms and breath a bit more life into the actual environment and work on that a bit to make it actually look like a prison compound - maybe have an objective like an outside excercise yard or take out a guard tower etc - level definately needs a bit more substance to it I think - would make an interesting remake though because I like the theme

Lruce

Upvote 0