• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bayonet is OP!

Those were the player's ranks, not the distance..... or am I mistaken? :confused:

It's either their rank, or the points award to you for making the kill. Haven't quite figured it out myself yet - but it's definitely not the range, because that is shown on the far right of the kill text, after "range:" :) Seems to be blank on bayo kills, indicating point-blank range I guess?

Upvote 0
Yes, plenty of complaints about this overpowered weapon was filed during both world war 1 and world war 2, but unfortunately the high commands of either side refused to listen to reason and continued using this obviously overpowered weapon despite the protests.

Also, both the russians and brittish (and later americans) complained about the MG42 being overpowered and needing a nerf, but the germans just cited the fact that the russians had the PPSh 41, the yanks had the tommygun and the brittish had the piat... so they never nerfed it...

Good one.

Upvote 0
Got my first bot and human kills today (first chance at playing the full version, never bothered with it in Beta)

First Human Bayo was a German on Apartments: It was in the apartments over the bridges as I saw him mow down three of my team mates and run into a doorway to cover the rest of the team going between the sandbags. I chased up the stairs full speed, pulled back my bayo thinking this is going to go one of two ways (take him out in an awsome way or shot to swiss cheese) rounded the corner where the radio was and as I came up to where he was by the window. He turned just to see me coming at him and by the time he had his mp40 pointing towards my left arm, I let go and drove it right into the left pocket on his chest.

He just sorta stood there in some sort of standing-fetal position for a few seconds doing this suffering grunt/gasp thing, fell backwards like a mannequin and hit the wall where he just slumped & continued to moan out his last breath.

The bot got shanked on some map that lasted about 12 minutes.... Barracks I think. I rounded the corner and before he could turn to see me, I think it went through his right arm and into his lung, cuz he dropped like a rock even though I hit his arm...... that poor sucker just lied on the ground rolling slightly back and forth, screaming and crying for what felt like a minute as I held the position.

...... geez talk about distracting... cripes die already, I gotta focus on killing more of you punks.

I was going to just shoot him in the head to shut him up, but the bots were certainly keeping me occupied, I didn't want to turn..... I just listened to that poor digital android suffer and cry the whole damn time while others were screaming orders and other types of pain.... explosions going on all over the place.

Frig.

Upvote 0
Haha nice...

I love getting into or seeing soldiers get into a melle fight. Happens rarely but is crazy awesome to watch.

The best way to confront a bayo charge is to charge yourself with a melle strike. What happens is both players end up pushing through eachother and the melle strike missing. You can do this over and over again if players attack at the same time.

Upvote 0