• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Possible error in bullet ballistics

Jodl

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
First of all I'd like to say I'm not 100% sure of this one. Can anyone confirm or deny this.

Lets picture a situation, a german and a rusky meet with bolt action rifles, duck and take aim. They both fire at the the same time but only one ends up dead. I have had this happen for at least a dozen times at ranges from 10 meters up to around 100m, with me ending up dead. Every time I've had the enemy on my sights and fired (and I'm almost 100% sure I would not have missed.) And of course my dear reader, I'm not talking about bleeding hits or the ones that cause you to die slowly. I'm talking about instant killing hits.

In RO Ostfront it was quite common that both shooters died. Now I haven't seen one occasion. How about anyone else?

theoretically if you both ducked and shot at the same time then you were actually slower due to latency. You are seeing them duck and shoot because they have already done so on their pc and the data is sent to the server, which is relayed to you.

as far as the server is concerned, and when you duck and shoot your information is yet to be sent to the server and registered. so you are ducking and shooting after them.... theoretically

Upvote 0