• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

$1 million says we cannot fix this

grayfoxx

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2011
The problem below ------------------------

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2807 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: No Video

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsClient::UWindowsClient <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This appears every time I try to launch the game I have done the following to try and fix this ( I have 50 hours in-game and cannot explain this error )

- defrag of killing floor
- delete killingfloor.ini and system configuration files / renamed KF.exe
and also verified integrity of game cache with steam
- tried data execution prevention :confused:
- reinstall killing floor
- reinstall steam
- download from another download region on steam
- attempt to run in windowed mode
- updated video drivers and tried older drivers
- run as admin / run in compatibility for win98/windows me etc
- went into killingfloor.ini changed NvidiaGPU=false to true

- launching from desktop icon and from killingfloor.exe and receive this message Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program:
...am\SteamApps\common\killingfloor\system\KillingFloor.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in
an unusual way. Please contact the application's support
team for more information.

I updated DirectX to the latest and all microsoft redistrubitable packages installed ..

here my pc specs - Nvidia GTX470, Intel i7930 CPU, 6 gig ram, asus p6t motherboard.

Please please please help me fix this error which I cannot solve by myself :(

This should have fixed it. tried to do it several times? :) (see spoiler)

if that wouldn't work I believe your best thing to do is run a disk check because the data is maybe stored on a bad place on ur hardisk, corupting your data :) you could also try installing your game in another place on ur hardisk.

I will also suggest you check your stuff if it working correctly... I had some corrupt RAM stuff that ****ed every file of mine, but i changed it and its running fine now :)

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you guys did not read all my post yeah? I have already tried to delete killingfloor.ini and download older video drivers even ones I was using at the time these are both not fixing the issue :(

I did say delete killingfloor.ini several times and do that step several time because the computer sometimes fail to make a right copy of you killingfloor.ini

suggest you put out you log file here. it is in the samefolder as the killingfloor.ini file its just named killingfloor.txt

Reactions: drunkentiger
Upvote 0
blockbot thats kind of retarded.

anyways, his video card isnt being detected, so there's a problem with the display drivers, directx, or some default setting that comes with a new install of kf thats incompatible with his card.

Yeah I know it sounds retarded. but it helps sometimes :p and I got that problem with my other computer several times. since I havent updated it from vista sp1. and then I usually find this cant find "video card error" only thing that helps is to delete killingfloor.ini 1 or several times.

but ofc updating your windows is top priority xD

Upvote 0
I have done everything with updating windows all the security updates and graphics drivers I have tried pretty much the whole list of available drivers including beta drivers (which I was hoping might fix it) but did not help.

I am thinking maybe TWI did an update for killing floor and maybe something in that update has caused this issue with my card, I honestly believe there is nothing I will be able to do to fix this and the only hope that I have of fixing this is if TWI reads this and creates some sorta patch for it..

One can dream to play his game again... sigh

Upvote 0
srry for it beeing in norwegian but I try explaining those buttons in norwegian. lol I don't believe it will fix anything since it never helped me. but your maybe in luck

dorrilolol.jpg

to access that first window click "start+break/pause" button on your keyboard

1. advanced systemsettings
2. advanced
3. perforcmance -> settings
4. datablocking (something. but you will recognize the window)
5. Turn on DEP for all programs...
6. find
7. folder. (disk/programfiles/steam/steammaps/common/killingfloor/system)
8. Killingfloor.exe
9. open
10. use -> (exit window by clicking ok)
11. use -> (exit window by clicking ok)

Upvote 0