• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So, where is the dev announcement about this mess hiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the devs post a highly visible thread saying they screwed up and they're fixing things, these threads? They'll stop. That's kind of the point. People keep posting threads like this because the developers seem to be hiding in their offices with their heads down because they know they screwed the pooch.

You obviously haven't been on the internet for very long, because people will ALWAYS find something to ***** about. TW has a great reputation for supporting their games, that should be good enough for everyone.

Upvote 0
Oh it does. Simply wait or don't because anything else is just pointless fluff that clutters the place up. This thread for example :rolleyes:

The devs have said they are working on the bugs, what would be the point of them telling us again?

Some random post completely devoid of detail is not enough. That is the point we are making. Reading your posts is flat pissing me off. This isn't a mod or some free service provided out of the kindness of TWI's hearts.. We PAID for this game. MONEY. I don't know how rich you are but money is hard to come by for me right now. And I TOOK the money because I used to have faith in these guys.

Things are a horrible mess. None of your crap trying to make people look away from that will change anything. And of COURSE they are working on it. If they ever want to make a dime in this business again they had better be. But I want some level of detail on what is happening and what we can expect. IN AN ANNOUNCEMENT POST WHERE I DON'T HAVE TO DIG FOR IT! Damn.. This crap shouldn't be that hard for you to figure out. Or TWI for that matter. No idea what they think they are gaining by treating their fans this way.

Upvote 0
Uh, nothing he said warranted you telling him to "shut up." Maybe you should take your own advice.

This is a message board.. He can post his opinion on your thread whether you like it or not, anyone can, regardless of how foul a mood you are in due to problems you are having with the game.

You're quite right. I edited out my nastiness.

It just frustrates me to no end for paying customers to basically take the side of the devs who seriously screwed up and now won't *speak up*. These guys are not our friends, they're people we bought something from. If I buy dinner somewhere and it's burnt to a crisp or not fully cooked, I don't leap into the kitchen and pat the cook on the back. I demand that my food be fixed. I don't really see how this makes me a bad guy.

Upvote 0
Some random post completely devoid of detail is not enough. That is the point we are making. Reading your posts is flat pissing me off. This isn't a mod or some free service provided out of the kindness of TWI's hearts.. We PAID for this game. MONEY. I don't know how rich you are but money is hard to come by for me right now. And I TOOK the money because I used to have faith in these guys.

Things are a horrible mess. None of your crap trying to make people look away from that will change anything. And of COURSE they are working on it. If they ever want to make a dime in this business again they had better be. But I want some level of detail on what is happening and what we can expect. IN AN ANNOUNCEMENT POST WHERE I DON'T HAVE TO DIG FOR IT! Damn.. This crap shouldn't be that hard for you to figure out. Or TWI for that matter. No idea what they think they are gaining by treating their fans this way.

So, if you are so pissed off, get your bloody money back :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Is this guy really complaining about clutter while posting insightful crap like "+1"?

You obviously haven't been on the internet for very long, because people will ALWAYS find something to ***** about. TW has a great reputation for supporting their games, that should be good enough for everyone.
That's the problem, it's not good enough for everyone. Perhaps for you and a few die hard fans but just lurking the forum will tell you it isn't good enough. Yes, people demand a lot of things but wanting communication after an unstable release is hardly unreasonable.

I expect to see something in not too long, not like the game has been out for a month. But the "If TW shut down the servers it would be fine because it's TW ^^" attitude is just ludicrous.

Upvote 0
Coming on here and posting that they are working on a patch won't get it released sooner. You know that they are working their asses off to get a patch out, so just be patient.
We who know TWI know that. But people new to this game/community/developer might not.
Especially if they have been let down by other experiences, they could jump to conclusions and be turned off from the game and/or advise people against getting the game. An official post saying that they are on it might help counteract that.

Just saying it cant hurt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're quite right. I edited out my nastiness.

It just frustrates me to no end for paying customers to basically take the side of the devs who seriously screwed up and now won't *speak up*. These guys are not our friends, they're people we bought something from. If I buy dinner somewhere and it's burnt to a crisp or not fully cooked, I don't leap into the kitchen and pat the cook on the back. I demand that my food be fixed. I don't really see how this makes me a bad guy.

I understand. The game is working *pretty well* on my end (and is fun as hell) but I realize that there are some who cannot run it at all. I try to put myself in their shoes and I know I would be very frustrated. It's a game people have been looking forward to and have paid money for. Thanks for your follow-up.

Upvote 0
Lets not mess around here , the game is broken it needs work. This is definately not worthy of a retail release yet. If im honest i feel cheated the deluxe edition was a complete waste of money. I was expecting some quick hot fixes to rectify these issues but still nothing, its all very dissapointing.

Upvote 0

While I realize you're just being smarmy, I'll honor this with a real response. I would get a refund but there's basically no way for that to happen. I purchased my DDE copy through Greenmangaming, got a Steam code, and added it to Steam. No way is Valve going to give that code back to GMG, and GMG give me money back.

Upvote 0
I'm not joking, nor am I trolling. So, put your fanboi pitchforks down.

Where are the announcements / communications from the devs about this mess of a release? Stats don't work. Our day 1 unlocks don't work. The game still runs horribly for a lot of people. I regularly get locked out of respawning for no apparent reason. It's a giant mess, and it should have been delayed longer.

I had faith in Tripwire Interactive. I played RO1 as a mod, bought the retail version, and played the hell out of it. But I'm seriously regretting buying RO2 (digital DELUXE, even, hah).

However, I realize that stuff goes wrong, deadlines must be met, etc. That's fine. If they're going to fix this disaster of a release, I can be patient. BUT - a little communication from them would go a LONG way. A simple "Guys, you're right - we screwed up, it's a mess, and we're going to fix it" would make myself, and probably many other paying customers, feel a hell of a lot better. Right now, I feel like I got screwed, big time.
im happy for buying ro1 on steam ,becuse it gave me a 20% discount on ro2 ,wich is a great game .. i never liked Ro1 ,something was wierd about the aiming.. only played it for a few hours last year.. but love 2 ;)

Upvote 0
The games works well enough for the majority. As you can see the devs are quiet and the mods are running interference though I was disappointed only to get a yellow card today and not a proper infraction. Such as life.

I reckon after an obscene amount of crunch and proably just a few hours sleep each day for 4+ weeks they are taking a few days R&R. Simple as that. Those who know TWI know they are perfectionists and will release continual patches until everyone is happy... even those ungrateful rude potty mouths who want their dinner now. I refer them to Viz's Spoilt Bastard comic strip.

On the plus side I'm having a blast. Works great here. Check out our server.

Upvote 0
I agree it is a right mess, even i dont suffer with a lot of the problems, but my god if my pc can run any UE3 game like butter, then i would expect it to be the same with this, although it really really isn't.

Agreed

You know yesterday when I started up the game I noticed all kinds of Autodesk logos text.....hmm

Autodesk? REALLY?

I've been out of engineering 10 years now, but last time I checked Autodesk suckes monkey b%#$. I have a feeling they did lot of modeling for this game?

Maybe that explains the poor performance.

:)

Upvote 0
I expect to see something in not too long, not like the game has been out for a month. But the "If TW shut down the servers it would be fine because it's TW ^^" attitude is just ludicrous.

Come on dude, I wouldn't go that far.

I understand why you're frustrated, I have also had to deal with a few crashes and the unreliable server browser. I just don't think that we need another one of these threads.

Upvote 0
That's the problem, it's not good enough for everyone. Perhaps for you and a few die hard fans but just lurking the forum will tell you it isn't good enough. Yes, people demand a lot of things but wanting communication after an unstable release is hardly unreasonable.

Communication has been there

In my profesional moderator opinion ;) it is mostly the people who are not satisfied that are currently cluttering the forum, the satisfied people are on the servers having fun with the game.

and for the rest there are people here who know and trust the guys from TW to do the right thing, you can blame them for their trust and knowledge, but TW did something to deserve it.

Upvote 0
Come on dude, I wouldn't go that far.

I understand why you're frustrated, I have also had to deal with a few crashes and the unreliable server browser. I just don't think that we need another one of these threads.

There's a very simple solution to that, as I already said. Devs post thread where everyone can see it --> these threads die. A little reassurance from the devs who delayed the beta, then released, basically, the same buggy beta, would go very, very far. I'm not entirely sure why so many folks don't understand that. C'est la vie.

Upvote 0

As I said your posts are pissing me off. And I didn't pay for them. No money to get back. I am frustrated with the devs. But you acting like we shouldnt be able to voice our frustrations for a product we paid for as many times as we like IS pissing me off. If you don't like the thread stop reading. No one is making you.

@Tomten

The game is broken. You may be lucky enough to be on hardware that was tested thoroughly but for those of us who aren't the game crashes. The sound dies. I have serious and inconsistent hits to fps that make it hard to play. Half the time if I disconnect from a server to find another the browser will display 0/0 servers and I have to restart. And I still don't know if stats and unlocks are working right. None of these things are minor to me. They are central and important features to the game I thought I was buying. You know. The one they advertised.

Oh and those are just the major ones. There are many other minor issues like the mics that are reasonable and I could wait for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Communication has been there

In my profesional moderator opinion ;) it is mostly the people who are not satisfied that are currently cluttering the forum, the satisfied people are on the servers having fun with the game.

and for the rest there are people here who know and trust the guys from TW to do the right thing, you can blame them for their trust and knowledge, but TW did something to deserve it.

Question to you, then, is, do you feel that those of us unsatisfied have no reason to be so?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.