Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2014, 09:07 AM

Default Weapon Stats

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if there is an online resource where I could look up the game stats for all the available weapons. Things like damage, rate of fire, recoil etc. I searched for it but couldn't find anything. Alternatively, I guess these stats could be extracted from the appropriate game files. Maybe somebody could point me to the correct files. I would very much appreciate it. Thanks very much!

Cheers,
Christian
Old 04-05-2014, 09:35 AM

As far as I know, there is none.

You can download the SDK from steam and view them using notepad or something in -
E:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Red Orchestra 2\Development\Src\(ROGame)(ROGameContent)(RSGame)(RSGameContent)\Classes

The files are rather easy to read in general when it comes to weapons. There are a few things I dont understand though. Like what Recoil Rate is and how it corresponds to the actual recoil horizontal/vertical stat a weapon has.

We could take it upon ourselves to create a thread in this forum with stats on all weapons. Wouldn't take too long, just need to copy pasta and then clean up code.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:54 PM

@OP If you download the SDK to check: the weapon files tell you about ROF and all that such, and the ammo files tell you about damage and BC and so on and so forth.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:18 PM

@JagdpantherX and @mrsirr,

that's perfect, thanks very much, guys! Exactly what I was looking for. I need to sift through it some more to get an idea what data is available.

@JagdpantherX,

I like the idea to provide the weapon stats to the general public. Maybe we could gather them in a spreadsheet. There were some things that puzzled me as well upon cursory reading (like recoil reading). Do you know anybody who could explain stats like that?
Old 04-05-2014, 04:32 PM

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=92324

^ The people who code weapons for that mod.

Which would be Dibbler or Panzer Jaeger 43, I think Panzer Jaeger does the weapons but im not sure.

If we could get a idea what stats do what we can begin work on the public stat thread. And get it pinned too.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:08 PM

Yep, Panzer Jager 43 must be the guy to ask Aparently he is the guy behind the Better Realism Weapons Mutator:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...28&postcount=1

So what do you have in mind with the weapons stats? Any idea how we might get started? Let me have a look at those files with some more leisure tomorrow. Then I'll try to come up with some suggestions as well.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:22 PM

The best way of doing it I see is have a thread with a link to a pdf that would have all the stats organized out like this one from the KF forum- http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=45945
Old 04-06-2014, 02:27 PM

What I wanted to do was use google docs to have simple spread sheet that shows all the stats. The advantages of using it was that multiple people could work on it at the same time, and permitted people can later modify incorrect stats if I go on a break and dont update it.

The disadvantages seem to be that there is no images aloud.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...JQkExb2c#gid=0

The idea is to get all of the most important stats on the sheet. Then I will create a copy of the document, so there will be two, one for each front.

P.S. If you know how to calculate the reload times from the anims please do and show. Its quite important for this project.

Last edited by JagdpantherX; 04-06-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdpantherX View Post

P.S. If you know how to calculate the reload times from the anims please do and show. Its quite important for this project.
Well in-game it's from the moment you press the reload key to when the little while text appears saying "Magazine is full". (Some weapons, such as MG's, finish reloading before the animation is fully played through (e.g slapping the drum down on the DP28 is roughly the end of reloading, even if the hands haven't moved into their proper position))

Last edited by Cwivey; 04-06-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:22 PM

RecoilRate controls how long the weapon will recoil for, BlendOutRatio is used alongside this and has to do with recovery speed. Weapons that shoot very fast tend to have a very small RecoilRate and high BlendOutRatio - otherwise, after firing a few bullets, your recoil will continue to build up even after you've stopped firing.

ViewRotationScale is how much kick your View / Screen will have from the base recoil values (the base recoil will kick the gun model on the screen.) If this value is 0 the gun model will still move but the screen will stay put.

RecoilCompensationScale is how much the gun model's kick is reduced when moving the mouse downwards. High values will allow just a small amount of Mouse movement to completely reduce recoil, while low values will do nothing and allow the mouse to mostly control the View / Screen.

Some other things to know:
-Some weapons gain different stats when using an upgrade on them (like the Foregrip on the BAR reduces recoil.)
-Hipped Stance vs. Shoulder Stance refers to Moving and Standing Still respectively. They do not refer to Ironsights.
-Spread can be approximately translated into MoA by multiplying by 3600.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:07 PM

^ Thanks a lot Panzer Jager. I will add a lot of that as side notes later.

Here we go, I just now unlocked the document for public viewing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mail.com#gid=0

Does this look like a good list of stats so far? Is there a stat I should put?

Im trying to keep it mainly the ones that matter the most. For instance the time it takes to pull out a weapon is mainly irrelevent. It seems like its almost the same for all weapons but pistols anyway.

Edit: Anyone wanting to help me should PM me there gmail then I will unlock you.

Would be nice if somone would do the rising storm weapons.

Last edited by JagdpantherX; 04-07-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:22 PM

Oh wow this is really neat, I'm suprised it took so long for something like this to be created. I would try to help out if I had access to the SDK.

Ohhh I'm watching people work on it that's cool :D

Last edited by mrsirr; 04-09-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Jager '43 View Post
-Spread can be approximately translated into MoA by multiplying by 3600.
So the 91/30 shoots about .432 MOA and the 98K shoots about .54 MOA. That's pretty damn accurate, and probably better than they're actually capable of IRL with military ammo.
The SVT-40 shoots about 1.8MOA which seems more like what the Nagant and 98K should be shooting, realistically.

The pistols are almost 40MOA, which seems pretty bad even for a pistol. This means basically anything over 25 yards, and you're shooting in a 1 foot circle or bigger. 100m is over a 3 foot circle, yet somehow I've managed to get pistol kills over 120m. Pure luck? It probably is a realistic combat accuracy, but when you compare it to the bolts shooting .5MOA in the same scenario (The scoped one shoot even tighter, if I'm not mistaken) it kind of skews things a bit.
Also I was a bit surprised that the Nagant shoots tighter than the Mauser. I was always under the impression that the 98K was a more accurate gun than the Nagant. The Nagant clearly has a combat advantage, which is probably why I've always favored it. The Mauser has a marginally higher Ballistic Coefficient, but the Nagant, shoots tighter, and projectiles leave the barrel significantly faster, this means less time of flight, to your target, which means easier hits, especially on moving targets. The 98K has marginally better penetration and .3KG less weight but you get 4 extra clips of ammo with the Nagant.

Last edited by JD0x0; 04-09-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:37 PM

Yeah that does make the poor sad allies less of underdogs, they pretty much have the better rifle.