• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Native voices?

I love having to fix the game for myself! How about for RO3, TWI can release half the game, and the community can figure out how to put it together!

Plans for the boxed edition for RO3 is having the box full of Lego blocks and then you decide if you can build a multi-million game correctly or if you build a lopsided multi-coloured thing that "lookies like da giraffes at da zew!"

On a serious note, my performance is down form where it was on the beta.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiedTrying
Upvote 0
I love having to fix the game for myself! How about for RO3, TWI can release half the game, and the community can figure out how to put it together!

Unfortunately this is gradually becoming par for the course. There is a group of publishers who make very intriguing games that I refuse to buy until they have been out for half a year so they can get "fixed" to a playable state. Paradox Interactive, The Creative Assembly, etc. TWI is making a strong case to get on that list.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately this is gradually becoming par for the course. There is a group of publishers who make very intriguing games that I refuse to buy until they have been out for half a year so they can get "fixed" to a playable state. Paradox Interactive, The Creative Assembly, etc. TWI is making a strong case to get on that list.

Paradox Interactive has been improving alot lately in this regard, but they used to be absolutely horrible offenders. I refuse to even put CA on my own "wait till I buy" list, because they're atrocious at doing anything. A bunch of soulless cynics at that studio.

Regards,

The Great

Reactions: Stephen
Upvote 0

Its why i buy all my games 6 months later and during the steam summer sale.

even if its still s*** at least i didnt waste too much money. I dont know why people buy games on release day anymore...

Upvote 0
The option just isn't in yet. But if you listen closely; you'll hear your enemies speak their native language.

There is also a way to mod the game by replacing a few sound files with a few others to get the native voices on your own team too. It's a temporary work-around that isn't flawless, but it's decent (you'll have to search for the thread yourself, though).

This^^

OK maybe its not realistic for my team to speak english, and maybe the plum in mouth english accents are not good either.

But neither is it realistic for a 40 something english man to be in this battle (me). If i realy were in the battle I would be able to understand my comrades jabbering so its only correct that I can understand them in game.

Maybe not perfect, but how else would you do it other than making the players learn german and russian. Its not really something that upsets me.

Upvote 0
But what about cries for engineers, snipers, infantry or notifications of something they've seen? I sure as hell can't understand any of that in Russian and that is pretty damn important information.

If your immersion is so fragile I'm surprised you're even capable of playing this game, I mean goodness me, I slide a dinky mouse and my mighty AT rifle moves! I press a button and I replace a magazine! Maybe we should ask for a Red Orchestra Kinect instead. =p

Upvote 0