• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Little details you love

On Barracks - smoke downstairs near the stairs obscures everything but was finally fading. Suddenly, up out of the smoke come potato masher grenades past us - bouncing off the walls and giving us just enough time to run around the corner and down the hall. Turning around to see the blast effects pass the hallway entrance. Then running back to have a group of players from both sides meet on the stairway in the haze of the smoke - unloading everything at each close quarters. There were bodies and bullet casings everywhere along with the sounds of moaning, drifting smoke... a certain finality to the "scene" - RO2 does this so well :)

Upvote 0
I'll add another example of what I like in RO2 - running and crawling from cover to cover, trying to avoid the enemy fire. Jumping away from grenades or artillery somewhere safe before it blows you up to pieces. There are other people too, trying to do the same or exchanging gunshots with the enemy shooters that echoes through the battlefield mixed with voices of Soviets and Germans shouting orders, request or screaming in agony. Sometimes it feels epic.

Upvote 0
My FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE detail EVER, which without exaggeration single-handedly leaves me hopeful that RO2 will eventually become what the community hopes for:

Equip DP28. Look closely at pan magazine.
Fire a long burst.
IT ROTATES.
The little clip on top of it rotates! You can tell how much ammunition you have left at a glance! When the clip faces towards you again, the mag is dry.
:IS2:

My favorite little detail. Immersion like that... means someone on the RO2 dev team is rooting for the same ideals we are.
I have never noticed this.:eek:

when you headshot someone, and their brains splatter on the wall behind them! :D

does that make me sick?! :eek:
It's awesome.When you and a teammate are firing through a window,and you stop to reload. Then all of a sudden your teammates head basically explodes in a blood mist,And falls to the window sill or the ground and your guy crying for him. Feels bad man.

Reactions: The Beast (nl)
Upvote 0
The sparks from unused powder when you reload the 98k.

Someone mentioned it shortly after release and everyone shouted them down, but it's in.

I think each of the weapons is a work of art in itself. The range of animations for them are great.

Blowing up objectives with satchel charges is lovely, too.

Death moans are still in, if you set the number of sound channels and quality high enough.

Reactions: The Beast (nl)
Upvote 0
I love the ragdoll. Honestly my favorite of any game I've seen. I love seeing someone get shot and just slump over dead. Very satisfying, and always unique (cept for when someone is prone and they bounce, which is pretty funny). All we need are those death moans back :D

The only problem I have with the ragdoll is that it resets the momentum of the player, kind of annoying to see someone go from sprinting to a dead stop in a split second.

Reactions: GeneralGinger
Upvote 0
The only problem I have with the ragdoll is that it resets the momentum of the player, kind of annoying to see someone go from sprinting to a dead stop in a split second.
Watched a show about some journalist.(would you call them that?:confused:)He was said about how 5-6 people were shooting at one guy, and killed him.Saying there wasn't any Hollywood style flying back, or anything. He just dropped on the ground dead.

Upvote 0
Watched a show about some journalist.(would you call them that?:confused:)He was said about how 5-6 people were shooting at one guy, and killed him.Saying there wasn't any Hollywood style flying back, or anything. He just dropped on the ground dead.

Yeah, understood, we all agree. What he was saying is that the person is sprinting, say, at 20km/h however when he gets shot his velocity instantly = 0. This looks very unnatural and happens as a result of the ragdoll prop (when someone dies they are replaced by a prop of themselves) not "spawning" with anything other than location. This also causes the "bounce" when crawling.

Upvote 0
Yeah, understood, we all agree. What he was saying is that the person is sprinting, say, at 20km/h however when he gets shot his velocity instantly = 0. This looks very unnatural and happens as a result of the ragdoll prop (when someone dies they are replaced by a prop of themselves) not "spawning" with anything other than location. This also causes the "bounce" when crawling.

The bounce is unnatural and there should be some inertia in the characters when dying from full sprint, I agree.

Upvote 0
Sorry thought about it for a little after, Didn't really get what i was saying.But you seem to have covered it.:D

Upvote 0