• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Different types" of territory maps in RO2?

Please read my previous post again, as you seem to have missed what I said ;).

If you take territory. And half the maps are only playable in one game type and half the maps are only playable in the other game type then you do split a community that liked to play all maps together. It splits a community because people need to switch server or get a vote off for a different game type before playing the maps they love.

When there are so many different things that make a map feel more different and play more different than single or double attack. I don't see why solely that should be a reason for making only that a separate game type. I would rather have everybody pleased and the ability to filter maps based on various scenarios.

It would be much better to be able to filter server based on for instance being single or double attack only. This allows for more filters as well for the other map specialities that affect game play. While not alienating the community by forcing people to switch server to play the other 5 maps that come with Red Orchestra.

Variation on servers in my opinion is a good thing, if people want a double attack only server they should be able to create one in a way that fans can easily find it. But it should be done in a way that everybody can get what he wants, and not only people that want that game mode and royally ruining things for all others that like both.

Which is why I'm vouching more for a sub game type, so that all flavours that people prefer can be an option and its up to the server Admin. While those that want it can pick to simply play all territory based maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having not read fully what has been written, I think the way it was in OST and perhaps will be in HOS was nice, since it wasn't necessarily the same thing map after map.

If you want a difference between the two, then add an indicator to the map of what type it is. Then that could be displayed in the server browser as well as in the webadmin and then, if an admin wants only push maps, he just selects all the maps with that tag. If you then add a filter as well, then you more or less have a separate game mode with the added ability of having both types on one server.

Upvote 0