• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which ideas and suggestions bother you the most?

Which ideas and suggestions bother you the most?

• New Weapons

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • New Specimens

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • New Content

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • New Ability

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters
clue_guns_pack.png

asp_red_guns_listing.jpg

guns1.jpg

SRS99D-S2_AM_Sniper_Rifle.jpg

sniper.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate the new specimen ideas. I've yet to see one that I would want within a mile of KF, to be honest. Most of 'em are either horribly, horribly designed in every way, gimmicky "Lets make it almost invulnerable to 1 class" stuff, or lame "It does the same 'walk to player and melee' as everything else, but it looks KEWL or is SOOPER TOUGH!"

Some examples of each are, respectively,"Lets have a specimen with a giant mouth that eats players and spits them at other players!", "GuyWithMetalMask who is immune to Headshots!", and "Like the Scrake, but with TWO Chainsaws and it's bigger!"

Just...ugh. Makes me very glad that TWI hasn't taken any specimen ideas from the forums either here or on Steam.

Reactions: No Glory
Upvote 0
Although I don't rag on people for it new perks bug me the most, usually I don't bother answering to them unless it gains a sudden amount of support. Main reason being its one of the few things that really gets my back up in these forums, and I become a bit of an arse :)

It infuriates me because of all suggestions perks encompass EVERYTHING when balancing. New weapons, new effects on specimens, new combinations of abilities, its a balalnce nightmare, and majority of suggestions either make them ridiculously powerful or utterly pointless.

Like the Engineer who could carry extra armour vests he could drop and also weld armour amoung other overpowered game breaking things. I left it thinking it would fall down into the pit of never to be read again threads, but a few days later I actually saw nothing but positive comments and suggestions on how it could work... I went to town on that one :)

Upvote 0
Although I don't rag on people for it new perks bug me the most, usually I don't bother answering to them unless it gains a sudden amount of support. Main reason being its one of the few things that really gets my back up in these forums, and I become a bit of an arse :)

It infuriates me because of all suggestions perks encompass EVERYTHING when balancing. New weapons, new effects on specimens, new combinations of abilities, its a balalnce nightmare, and majority of suggestions either make them ridiculously powerful or utterly pointless.

Like the Engineer who could carry extra armour vests he could drop and also weld armour amoung other overpowered game breaking things. I left it thinking it would fall down into the pit of never to be read again threads, but a few days later I actually saw nothing but positive comments and suggestions on how it could work... I went to town on that one :)

I agree. There are VERY FEW perk ideas that I think aren't absolutely terrible. One of 'em was the Demoman, which I thought was a pretty good idea from the start, although intruding on the Firebug's turf a bit (Which, IMO, is still an accurate statement), so there's definitely potential for new perks.

But the average new perk suggestions aren't well thought out with regards to balance. ESPECIALLY that engineer one. Double-welding doors, upgradeable/reloadable sentry turrets, welding to repair armor, ect...it was ridiculous and I completely avoided the topic because I knew my posts would only be trolling...

Also, your voting is missing an option that I'm sure a lot of people would pick:

Female Character Models. I HATE ALL SUGGESTIONS FOR THEM. Every single one.

Upvote 0
Hey why not put an M4 in KF? It needs new content or the game gets stale.

Lewt said:
Having, say, an M4 for the commando wouldn't necessarily be bad

Lewt said:
The suggestion "hay tw put an m4 in kf becuz its my fav gun" is bad.

If you still don't get it, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Upvote 0
WTF is negz? There's already an AK in the game what's so absurd about an M4?

negz would be negative reputation, and an M4, well... It's boring as hell. The M4/M16/AR/Various other clones have been in just about every single game ever and unless someone dreams up some way of making it very fun and interesting in terms of KF's gameplay, it'd be a poor idea.

Upvote 0
I'm confused. Are you being a moron intentionally? Normally people act like one for laughs, or to annoy others, but you don't seem to be doing either.
I'll am saying is adding an M4 doesn't seem like that bad of an idea. But all you're said was "durr well if it was for the commando it wouldn't be so bad" no ****, it's an assault rifle thus it's for the ****ing commando. Does anyone really need to specify what class it would be in?

Reactions: slavek and SMIFF
Upvote 0
All I'm saying is you're stupid if your only problem with the suggestion of an M4 is because nobody specified which class it should be in.

He never even had a problem with anyone not specifying the class to begin with... He just said that having an M4 for the commando wouldn't be necessarily bad provided it suits the gameplay and doesn't cause issues in the game's balance and also there needs to be a lot more in the idea than just "add the M4 to KF" which is something that needs putting into consideration before the addition is deemed worthwhile. What is it about this statement managed to start you off like that? Go back to the steam forums, sonny.

Last edited:
Upvote 0