• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll: Does RO2 Need Another Delay?

Poll: Does RO2 Need Another Delay?

• Yes, another 2 weeks

Votes: 249 35.1%
  • Yes, 1 month, at least.

Votes: 178 25.1%
  • No, the game should be fine by launch.

Votes: 282 39.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At this point, I'm very concerned about the fate of the game. As we've seen before, a bad release can kill a title the instant it leaves the womb. Take Final Fantasy XIV, for instance. The game launched with a pathetic amount of content, and is now free-to-play and regarded as little more than a laughing stock. Reviews criticizing the game for this, as well as testimonials from those that had tried the game in the open beta shortly before its release were chief factors in keeping the game's sales minimal. Granted, the absence of content and struggling to access content are two entirely different beasts, and the debate over which is worse is best left until later. If things go sourly, we'll be discussing the very same topic in about a week.

What's even more concerning is that over sixty percent of us feel that the game needs to be delayed two weeks or more. Personally, I say give it another month. Continue to roll out new content to us over the course of the next month, and fix bugs and glitches as they arise. As of now, we've yet to see potential balancing issues (as well as the aforementioned glitches) with the other maps and unlockable gear, so an entirely new barrel of monkeys could very well be waiting to be uncorked. Let's take this next month to get the game as damn near perfect as possible, and then go ahead with an official release.

..furthermore, delaying of patches by two days with less than two weeks to go until release, while entirely excusable given the circumstances, is highly problematic, given the deadlines that are already looming upon Tripwire, and the fact that last night's update borked the server browser. Again.

Now, I know that Tripwire is a small company, but it seems to me that their small staff is beginning to become a progenitor of their demise. Yes, it's difficult to hammer out every little kink, but with labor spread more evenly across a few more heads, much of what needs to be done could undoubtedly be accomplished in a much more timely and potentially game-saving manner.

Just my two cents. I don't want to see this game fail. As is, this is the best FPS I've played since Ostfront, and I'd be heartbroken to watch it fall to shambles before me. Obligatory ***-kissing sequence now terminates.

Upvote 0
From an outsider's perspective, I'd say RO2 might need to be delayed, because (small bugs aside) I did experience a lot of crashes, as did other players.

However, if the TWI devs think they can handle all the game-crashing issues before September 13th, then really I have no oustanding issue with the current state of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Combaticus
Upvote 0
From an outsider's perspective, I'd say RO2 might need to be delayed, because (small bugs aside) I did experience a lot of crashes, as did other players.

However, if the TWI devs think they can handle all the game-crashing issues before September 13th, then really I have no oustanding issue with the current state of the game.

^ this

I have a few different crashing issues, my computer ran the game fine for the first day or two but now it's impossible for me get into a game/stay in a game unless I play on lowest which brings a whole slew of new issues to the table (laggy/lots of black textures at medium-long range,etc.)

I have faith that TWI will fix it, but judging from when I played killing floor, put together with this first week of beta I really think they're gonna need more time. End of September might do it.

Upvote 0
I think it would be better to delay. I don't want people to be put off from this awesome game from a buggy launch.

At this point... I`d rather have a buggy lunch , than another delay...
I really hope they can manage to at least fix some of the minor stuff that is happening , and implement some of the great ideas we gave them on the forums , but I think that innocent babies would die if they delayed it again... :(

Upvote 0
It needs delay, random hicups on top of the line rigs, horrible hit detection, random crashes, enemies spawning as friends, black screens after death, lots of collision problems, 90 fov looking trough walls, more random crashes,
weapons reload animation dissapearing. Its very buggy and i doubt it will be any better at 13th.

Reactions: drswank
Upvote 0
Just 4 weeks ago there were topics about the Beta being no more but a demo, because software studio's were not able to make changes 2 weeks before release, now we have one week of beta, and a huge pile of problems were solved allready, in 1 week.

And now this?

I say have some trust in this studio and their team, this is not EA

Upvote 0
I voted for another 2 weeks would like to see RO2 get a good review and sell the most copies it can.The main reason being to make the hard working guys at TWI the most money possible they deserve it.When RO1 went retail I bought 20 hard copies just to give to my friends for xmas and to help support an upstart team.

We shouldn't try to rush the developers I really think they shouldn't release it until they are darn good and ready. The loyal fans of RO like myself will understand.

Besides study shows a delayed release date builds anticipation.Just look at duke nukem it took them 8 years and it was utter crap and they still sold millions lol.And I know it want take long for then to polish a already awesome game.

Upvote 0
It needs delay, random hicups on top of the line rigs, horrible hit detection, random crashes, enemies spawning as friends, black screens after death, lots of collision problems, 90 fov looking trough walls, more random crashes,
weapons reload animation dissapearing. Its very buggy and i doubt it will be any better at 13th.

It sure is a mouthful, but I tend to doubt 80% of it will be fixed in 9 days by such a small crew.

Upvote 0
...now we have one week of beta, and a huge pile of problems were solved allready, in 1 week.

And now this?

I say have some trust in this studio and their team, this is not EA

Have you not seen? 90% of testers right now cannot play the game! The only problems that has been "fixed" is the server browser problems and the CTD's, but those are still happening more frequently than before they were fixed...

Are you not seeing the problem here? Things are getting fixed, but not getting fixed at all.

Reactions: wazups2x
Upvote 0