• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Omg the weapons are too accurate

Neither, from all the things in the game that seem unrealistic to me. Such as sprinting up stairs or the fact that people still shoot absolutely accurately when shot in the arm, sway is not one of them.
People don't have parkinsons, people are able to hold a gun still without too much sway in real life.

Yes but people can't sprint for 20 seconds, stop, turn 90 degrees to the left, aim down the sight in 0.2 seconds, lock on to the target and squeeze the trigger perfectly.

Just by sitting in their chair. The whole point of weapon sway is to combat the lack of human input. With more sway a person must have more input to control their weapon. And thats where the skill lies in shooting. At the moment. Being able to hit your target isn't a problem in this game. Thus, firefights don't exist. Thus the game looks boring from above because everyones hiding.

In trailers you will often see a guy ducking behind cover with bullets flying into the wall behind him or near him. (Also, bullet penetration is a bit too much because most cover will get you killed anyway) or sprinting across a street under fire. Bullets going all around him and hitting the dirt. It really gives you that "I'm in an actual battle" feeling. A feeling that most people seek regardless of realism. This feeling has been completely replaced by the "Where was I killed from" feeling as you look out into the area in front of you. See 0 enemies in the 64 player server. Run across to your next hiding spot and get shot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes but people can't sprint for 20 seconds, stop, turn 90 degrees to the left, aim down the sight in 0.2 seconds, lock on to the target and squeeze the trigger perfectly.

I had no problems doing this in darkest hour, once I learned that the gun (whilst in ironsights) always shot dead ahead, just like killing floor :cool:.

As it stands, yes it's lowering the skill floor so the newbs can return fire, and whilst bad for eg mgs, that's a good thing overall, as it's more easy tickets filling up the servers :D

Upvote 0