• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let's Speculate

I bet it'll have pictures and probably words n' stuff. :D

ph34r.gif

Upvote 0
I am really hoping for a GOLD announcement. I think there is a strong chance, since the devs have not made any other announcements regarding a release, yet they have also not ruled out the January release as an impossibility.

Plus, supposedly PC Gamer UK promised a review on the 19th, so that would mean the game would have to go retail within that time frame if this was true.

Upvote 0
Well, the good thing is that we know for certain ROOST is coming, it's just a matter of when :) This is a lot more than could be said for other promising games, where the entire development stops and/or the publishers bags out, so as long as that is not a possiblity I am happy.

Damn, just all this talk of ROOST makes me want to play the mod again, but I installed a new mobo and CPU not long ago, had to reformat the HD, and just can't bring myself to reinstall that beast UT2K4, then download the substantially sized mod itself.

EDIT: Also, even if they announce GOLD status, we won't be able to play immediatley right? How long would it take for Steam to have it ready for download? What about a pre-order period? Something to be considered.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I just discovered something interesting.

There is a pattern for release of news. Check it out:

"The First Update Post" dated 12-18-05, which was a SUNDAY

Second Update, dated 12-19-05, a MONDAY

Third (and technically fourth also) Update, 1-10-06, a TUESDAY

Now, the latest update, dated 1-18-06, a WEDNESDAY

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday OMG lol.

So....next update will be on a Thursday....we also suspect that the 19th will be gold announcement as per PC Gamer review date.....the 19th is a Thursday....OMG GOLD ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATE TOMORROW.

Ok maybe I am getting ahead of myself, or just thinking too much :)

However, the other possibility is that *next week's* update will be GOLD announcement, and if the pattern holds true, it will be on a Thursday, so if not tomorrow, I suspect next Thursday, 1-26-06. This is all the more because unless they announce a GOLD the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of the last week, they will not release in January, which is what has been implied, so that leaves the two options I selected as the most likely. :D

Upvote 0
Eh I am probably wrong....or if I was right, the devs will deliberately change the date to spite me! :p

I just keep wondering why PC Gamer would say the 19th January....and to have a demo as well? Sounds like they were pretty sure of themselves, or else they just don't know what they are talking about.

Upvote 0