• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PERM-BANNED in ALL TWI Official Servers???

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise this happened. Why can't his name be Admin? Last I checked there are far worse things to name yourself. Unless he was actually trying to troll people into believing he was the admin there is no grounds for banning. Thats bull****.
And even then the guy was going to change his name to something else. I understand trying to reduce trollage and all but geez...little harsh don't you think?

Upvote 0
Just as a reference, to change your name in game, you have to open Steam, go to Friends tab and Change Profile name there.

At least for me, this still requires a restart of RO2 (and most other games).

I mean... uh... unless you're completely oblivious to the Great Book of Internet Etiquette you ought to know that people with the username 'admin' are... admin. Administrators who monitor and run the server.

What you did is kinda like putting flashing red and blue lights on your car and wondering why the cops pull you over.

Nice metaphore:D. Completely agree

Upvote 0
Guys, there is more to the story than what is posted. I will not discuss this further in any forum as that is against TWB rules. At this point I think this thread is going to be locked soon so please just let it go. He has the contact info to get this sorted if he wants.

Regards,

Must be something pretty bad if the first thing that happens is a BAN from the official servers. What happened to kicking people?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.