• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MG 34 with 250 belt

MOST mg teams had a guy feeding belt fed ammo to the guy using the MG, so this is basically just simulating a partner with you feeding the belt.. They needed a LOT of lead to continue fighting or they were goners because they would have to reload way to often. Man, it seems most of you don't know anything about WW2.. Jesus.

Upvote 0
Qweets, what you are talking about is static MG gunners. While moving about they didn't have massive belts hanging all over them, they used mags. Since RO2 doesn't have static MG teams like IR then seems silly have the 250 belt. If you try running across a battlefield with a 250 round belt hanging from your weapon then its going to catch on things, trip you up, feed dirt into the gun and the belt itself will get damaged and/or break.

Upvote 0
MOST mg teams had a guy feeding belt fed ammo to the guy using the MG, so this is basically just simulating a partner with you feeding the belt.. They needed a LOT of lead to continue fighting or they were goners because they would have to reload way to often. Man, it seems most of you don't know anything about WW2.. Jesus.

Most MG teams consisted of three men. The third was a spotter. One carried the gun, the other carried the cradle.

Upvote 0
Its more like a shame the dp cant compete with the mg in any way forcing russian machinegunners to select the mg too once they reached veteran rank in that class

This game is going to be hilariously bad in a year or two. Everyone, regardless of team, will be running around with saddle mag mg34s, mp40/II's, and mkbs. Then literally the only realistic gun on the battlefield will be anyone who likes the drum ppsh more than the mp40/II.

Upvote 0
you can connect as many belts as you want...if you have a box of sufficient size and enough strength, you can even make 1,000,000-round belts.

Yeah I know that, but can one man actually carry a 250 round belt on him while running with a 30 pound weapon and still deploy and instantly begin engaging a target? Probably not, at the very least he would need a few seconds to unwrap the belt from around himself. This is why you have Magazines for the MG34 in the first place, or a multi-man gun team.

I dunno, as long as it doesn't have its hip firing like the MG42 does in RO1. 250 round belt hip firing will be ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Yeah I know that, but can one man actually carry a 250 round belt on him while running with a 30 pound weapon and still deploy and instantly begin engaging a target? Probably not, at the very least he would need a few seconds to unwrap the belt from around himself. This is why you have Magazines for the MG34 in the first place, or a multi-man gun team.

I dunno, as long as it doesn't have its hip firing like the MG42 does in RO1. 250 round belt hip firing will be ridiculous.
You know it will happen, RO2 is the run-and-gunners paradise.

Upvote 0
That's a light MG that uses 5.56x45 ammo, the MG34 uses 7.92x57 ammo which is much heavier.

I've carried around a ksp58 7.62x51 (Swedish equivalent of FN MAG/M240) with 250 round belt. Stored the rounds in my gasmask bag.

I think however that they should reduce the belt to a 100 rounds. As far as I know the game feature non of the disadvantages of not using a drum. The advantage of not using a drum should primarily be faster reloading since you don't have to remove the old drum and fit another one.

Upvote 0

There are 1000s of mbk 42(h)s in the game. So don't play the realistic card

Upvote 0
Firstly, I just want to respond to the Mini-gun clip on page 1. "My ducks, oh my beautiful ducks! You animal, oh the humanity"

or alternatively

Level 100 on the NES game Duckhunt :IS2:

secondly, I won't get into the belt vs mag debate, will leave that to those in the know. But as for Mg34 vs DP. I don't know for sure, but it feels like ingame that the DP has a lot more stopping power than the MG34. Was using the DP on Spartanovka (that's the one with gullies, church, housing blocks, right?) the other day and was singleshot killing at running enemies around 100m whereas I would usually just wound at that range with the MG34. Just try it out and see. Was set up in the final Russian objective outshooting riflemen at the Church wall. Don't know if it's just me, but I find that even when shooting at targets 100m+ that setting the DP range to 50 really improves my aim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Firstly, I just want to respond to the Mini-gun clip on page 1. "My ducks, oh my beautiful ducks! You animal, oh the humanity"

or alternatively

Level 100 on the NES game Duckhunt :IS2:

secondly, I won't get into the belt vs mag debate, will leave that to those in the know. But as for Mg34 vs DP. I don't know for sure, but it feels like ingame that the DP has a lot more stopping power than the MG34. Was using the DP on Spartanovka (that's the one with gullies, church, housing blocks, right?) the other day and was singleshot killing at running enemies around 100m whereas I would usually just wound at that range with the MG34. Just try it out and see. Was set up in the final Russian objective outshooting riflemen at the Church wall. Don't know if it's just me, but I find that even when shooting at targets 100m+ that setting the DP range to 50 really improves my aim.

Yeah, the DP is much more deadly and accurate than the mg 34 imo

Upvote 0

I was an Assistant Gunner for the M240B in my platoon and i carried 400 rounds usually for the gunner. He would carry some of the ammo himself too. When we would drop in place i would attach extra 100 round belts when needed and if we needed to move I would break off a section and leave him with some so the belt wouldn't be in the way and he could still fire if needed. So running around with a 30lbs weapon and using large belts isn't unusual. Though i do think if not using drums there should be an A Gunner position. I miss the whole barrel changing from RO also, or can that still be done? :O

Upvote 0
The MG 34 was a better weapon than the DP series

No it wasn't. It was a different weapon with different goals in mind. The MG-34 was a very complex gun operating at high temperatures and high pressures. It was very prone to failure if not properly maintained. How it was used and where also meant the soldier carrying it had to be an expert, not just a raw recruit fresh out of training.

The DP-28 is designed to be as much like the rifle as possible. It is meant to require minimal training to use effectively and minimal maintenance in order to remain in operation. A raw recruit could pick up the DP-28 and pretty much already know how to hold it steady and so on.

One weapon is designed for an army of professional soldiers, while the other is designed for an army of conscripts. The AK-47 is the most prolific weapon on the planet because it works for anyone, anywhere, not because it is the best of its breed.

They are different, but neither is better, as such. If you are aware of how they are designed to be used, then they work exactly as designed.

Upvote 0
Lol Atomskytten.

The PPSH is still below the MP40 with duel mags and the MKB as well as having massive recoil, so no, its not going to be "OP"....

Did the ppsh have more more recoil back then?
Because now they have the same recoil as the mp40, with a faster rpm, so Now its ppsh > mp40.
Easier to fire single shots on the mp40, thus saving ammo on mid-range firefight, but the ppsh shoots so much more lead that theyre better off anyway

Upvote 0