• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Last patch killed my fps wich was already bad

ilias2006

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 15, 2011
Last 550MB patch killed my fps,the 18mb patch rollback did not do anything!Seriously Tripwire?I had 20-30 fps constant now i have 10-20 constant on a really good machine,i sent to steam asking for a refund but they refused for that,seriously i'm done with this game,you guys instead of fixing fps problems you are making it worse,test your ****ing patches for **** sake :mad:

Reactions: jalex3
@Yoshiro
It's not the computer specs it's the game optimization and ultimately amateur codework by TWI staff and maybe even other and trivial things. Yes I say amateur coding because (and I am going to get flamed for this) I code for video gaming engines as well.

Now I will give credit that you guys are churning out patches which is a + but they are not proper nor valid to making your end product great to your paying customers (I work in retail for many years so I now what I am talking about when customers are key to your success in this economy climate)

A custom built machine over 1.5k+ with an SSD drive and good internet connection should not be running the game at 20,30-40 fps and should not load players in after every other player already loaded.

Upvote 0
Can't say my FPS has changed, but I'm not getting NEAR where my FPS should be, I get a constant 30-60 FPS...all on high settings, AA disabled.

Specs:

Evga Gtx 560 TI 2 GB

Amd Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3 GHZ (Turbo to 3.7)

8 GB RAM DDR3

-----------------------

Some guy posted he can run on ultra with a 460 card? and an older cpu, and 4 GB RAM DDR3, and get a constant 60 FPS. :confused:

so, TWI keep on trying to figure out why certain higher end rigs run crappy compared to older rigs! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Killed my FPS too. I'm running it on Medium Graphics with the following system and No Security Software Running.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition
GPU: XFX Radeon 4890 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
Same processor (OC'd to 3.9Ghz) but with a Gigabyte 6950 2GB, FPS significantly reduced. It was 10-20 on Barracks with shadows lowered, guess I have to reduce to Half Life settings to get playable FPS now.

Upvote 0
Killed my FPS too. I'm running it on Medium Graphics with the following system and No Security Software Running.

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition
GPU: XFX Radeon 4890 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz

Same CPU
GPU: XFX Radeon 4870 1GB
RAM: 8GB DDR 1333Mhz

1920x1024 on High/med mix with Catalyst 11.9b i get 55fps some drops to 30fps.

Whats your settings?

Upvote 0
prices are almost identical unlike with cpu's.
No?

But... but... Nvidia were to expensive....

A serious question here though, what kind of security software would actually make you loose FPS? I heard Tripwire people say a few times that the security software could be a culprit, but how and what kinds?

Any, but it's like the "Reinstall game, reinstall driver, reboot computer, disable anti virus, disable blablabla" type advice. Not like the game is optimized using Common Sense Enterprise 2011 either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Killed my FPS too!

I have:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @3,20Ghz
ATI 6950 2Go GDDR5 Asus 840/1250Mhz
4Go DDR3 9-9-9-24 Corsair
W7 64Bit

I running with only 30FPS on medium setting since the last patch and under 15FPS on Barracks!

Before the patch it's between 45-30...

PS: I used some tweaks!
PS2: Sorry for bad english i'm french. :(

Upvote 0