• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Specimen: Destroyer

BUMP!
More, new voices for Destroyer done and at the first post on this thread :D
It might be added as well as the first version voices. Many people already said it is really great and better than first one, so most likely it will be in.
Also, good news - the model is done around 70%! :D

Anyways - tell me what you think of the 2nd version of the voices :3

Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
Upvote 0
I take back everything I said before.
oh... negative or positive things? Because you kinda said u'd like this to be in, but u dislike insta-kill spikes. Which part do you take back? :confused:
And actually what wrong have I done meanwhile!? :eek:
I mean, all what have changed since you posted here was that I added more sounds (which are optional, only thing which I re-recorded just cuz HAD TO be done again, were rage sounds)
I don't think anybody's going to blame you...

That makes you a troll though; only trolls are allowed to dislike BenioX's ideas!
Not only trolls... I do accept that people disagree with me alot. But I demand explaination which makes me know WHAT I have done wrong :rolleyes:

Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
Upvote 0
Ehh... do I always have to repeat it? The insta-kills are nothing to be bothered with unless you are a total newb and expose yourself. He insta-kills ONLY if you are exposed RIGHT AFTER HE RAGES. If he rages, and you are hidden, he doesn't shoot spikes, he'll chase you. The idea is that people hearing his rage, unlike FP's, they'll hide.

His atacks are already unique. Husk shoots straight on you, or under, you can jump over it. You can easilly walk it around. The grenades are unique - no other enemy in KF uses grenades. Patriarch's LAW isn't any like that - Patty shoots straight too! Destroyer shoots very high and the grenade falls from the sky on you, and it has some limits, like walls, on which it can backstrike. Not to mention grenades don't explode right on the first touch with floor or wall. They got some kind of timer. And regular charging isn't anything new, but exploding after charge is totally new thing.

I already am working on the skeleton in 3D Max. But I got an issue there... I forgot to make bones as separate things, so I make scheleton with bones just as one thing itself :eek:

i think the problem with the long range insta kill is that it might get obscured by other specimens or environment and you won't see it, them WHAM, your dead out of nowhere, seriously, think FARM, large exposed spaces... long range insta kill in LARGE OPEN SPACES... LIKE ALL OF FARM... and mountain pass, and any other map where you can't hole up in rooms or structures, or where there are no corners, it's just bad in sooooo many situations and good in very few.

also, i think you need to learn the difference between hating your idea and thinking it needs some tweaks, just because someone doesn't like it doesn't mean they are troll and should be ignored, try listening to WHY people don't like it and fix it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i think the problem with the long range insta kill is that it might get obscured by other specimens or environment and you won't see it, them WHAM, your dead out of nowhere, seriously, think FARM, large exposed spaces... long range insta kill in LARGE OPEN SPACES... LIKE ALL OF FARM... and mountain pass, and any other map where you can't hole up in rooms or structures, or where there are no corners, it's just bad in sooooo many situations and good in very few.

also, i think you need to learn the difference between hating your idea and thinking it needs some tweaks, just because someone doesn't like it doesn't mean they are troll and should be ignored, try listening to WHY people don't like it and fix it.
There is also difference between total convertion to something totally different what destroys all the idea AND the tweaks you meantioned.
Well, you ALWAYS can get to any random building at Farm. At Mountain Pass you got trees to hide behind. There is no deserted map with no place to hide behind.

Anyway, it seems it won't come out... I mean, the guy who promissed help... he just never comes online for very long now, and he promissed it'd be done by may. *sigh* :(

Upvote 0
There is also difference between total convertion to something totally different what destroys all the idea AND the tweaks you meantioned.
Well, you ALWAYS can get to any random building at Farm. At Mountain Pass you got trees to hide behind. There is no deserted map with no place to hide behind.

Anyway, it seems it won't come out... I mean, the guy who promissed help... he just never comes online for very long now, and he promissed it'd be done by may. *sigh* :(

thats a shame, though you shouldn't give up, put it in a box and just be aware of it, until such a time that you can get more people to help, i'm sure the opportunity will arise eventually.

Reactions: OCAdam
Upvote 0

I think the idea overall has great ideas. However, like a number of people, I'm not too keen on the insta kill spike. Even more however on THAT however... How long do you estimate a spike taking to get to players if the Destroyer is at a distance of... 100 meters? And how do these spikes actually work on impact with the floor? Do they just land and whoever gets hit died? Do they land and kinda... split apart and make for shrapnel (this would make hiding in Mountain Pass kinda useless TBH)? Do they land and then take time before exploding into shrapnel?

If you could expand the spikes' operation, you are more likely to get people to either give specifics of what they like or don't like. Then again, haters are gonna hate. At least until you can appease something that may seem arbitrary to you for them. I might like the spike idea better in the end actually if maybe it wasn't an insta-kill, but more like a sort of area denial thing... like caltrops (but highly damaging if ignored). That would go on the idea of being better balanced to the landing and detonating after a short time.

Upvote 0

If you mean me, I still am studying coding :eek:
I underestimated the difficulty of it, and overestimated the amount of leiure time I would have. I'm guessing its not me, as I certainly didn't say anything about May :confused:, so sorry if I'm overreacting here ;).

I have kept an eye out for potential extra help, and I have been studying coding, so as soon as summer comes around, I may be able to help you out like I once thought I could.:D

Upvote 0
Why are you still bumping this awful thread? The idea is rubbish, the concept art is literally a cut-and-paste hack job of random crap, the sound is just you spewing into a low quality mic, and the theme that "you made" is very shamelessly stolen from the Vigilante 8 soundtrack. I don't particularly mind bad ideas in general, but taking someone else's work and trying to pass it off as your own is downright inexcusable.

Honestly, did you really believe you could get away with outright theft?

Upvote 0
I love the idea as a miniboss to replace the fps (since that thing AND 2 of them is about as close to impossible as you can get) but on a few conditions.

If the spikes are going to be instakill, they need to travel at a relatively slow speed and present an opportunity to dodge them, a la the husk flames.

The grenades need to be able to bounce and ricochet in indoor maps so that they're actually a threat indoors.

And finally, he should have a weak spot. If the head is so strong then there should be somewhere specific the players can aim for greater effect, if only to make it more interesting. Spamming shots center mass would be kinda meh.

Upvote 0
I love the idea as a miniboss to replace the fps (since that thing AND 2 of them is about as close to impossible as you can get) but on a few conditions.

If the spikes are going to be instakill, they need to travel at a relatively slow speed and present an opportunity to dodge them, a la the husk flames.

The grenades need to be able to bounce and ricochet in indoor maps so that they're actually a threat indoors.

And finally, he should have a weak spot. If the head is so strong then there should be somewhere specific the players can aim for greater effect, if only to make it more interesting. Spamming shots center mass would be kinda meh.

"Everyone, aim for the leg!"

Upvote 0

"Everyone, aim for the left leg!"

And, if you just put the headbox there, would it not be do-able?

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
Why are you still bumping this awful thread? The idea is rubbish, the concept art is literally a cut-and-paste hack job of random crap, the sound is just you spewing into a low quality mic, and the theme that "you made" is very shamelessly stolen from the Vigilante 8 soundtrack. I don't particularly mind bad ideas in general, but taking someone else's work and trying to pass it off as your own is downright inexcusable.

Honestly, did you really believe you could get away with outright theft?
First of all - I didn't steal if tom them. I got inspired by them to make the theme basing on that one, with different instruments. PLUS I actually emailed V8 makers and 3Drealms if I can re-master some of their tracks and put together.
Second of all - I got copyright to that one. I bought the track copyrights. It's not hard since it's cheap.
Third of all - as far as u say concept sux, as far u didn't even realise it's been long time so ALOT have changed with it.

TO EVERYONE:
Spikes don't insta-kill unless headshot at the HoE!
And about how they work - Destroyer aims like with aimbot the spike, but if you play as medic or zerker u can avoid it JUST by running to side, as others, mostly by hiding behind basically ANYTHING. The spikes log to anything it hits. For example if hits wall, it sticks to wall, and doesnt damage anyone by then. And if hit floor, it logs in floor too.

And well, TIMUR, I didn't mean u. Meant the one who was making the model of Destroyer.

And last thing - I am re-concidering using my soundtracks I made some while ago, totally not-sounding-like-any-else so noone says they are "stolen". Unless people are OK hearing re-mastered some musics from video games like Duke Nukem 3D or Vigilante 8.

Some around 2 months ago I already stated it out:
1. Spikes ARENT Insta-kill unless headshot at HoE which'd happen ONLY if u stand still and rly close.
2. Already said they DO bounce and ricochet
3. He has weak spots in guns. I already stated it out - the best weapons against him are spam-shotting ones... But yeah, if you want, then his weak spot would be center of his chest. There is as you noticed a lamp which works for his auto-destruct trigger. That'd work like "speeding up his trigger to kill itself" which'd need alot of precision and rly alot shots, which makes spam-shotting best. Xbow maybe a little too since presicive.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMIFF and Vintage
Upvote 0