• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General Protection Fault.

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3400 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (6099)

General protection fault!

History: SkeletalMeshGet <- USpriteEmitter::UpdateParticles <- AEmitter::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=2) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Farm <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I need help please, this is a shame.

Glad to know I'm not the only one getting this. I reinstalled the game once already. No luck.

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3211 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (5896)

General protection fault!

History: SkeletalMeshGet <- USpriteEmitter::UpdateParticles <- AEmitter::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=2) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Icebreaker <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
It happens to me when I am hosting a game, I've been hosting games since I have this game for more than one year now, and I get this error since 2 months ago or so.

I don't know what to do, I've tried more solutions I found on this forum and other forums on the internet with no success.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Upvote 0
It happens to me when I'm hosting a game, while in-game. No matter the wave we're playing.

I've been hosting Killing Floor games since I bought it one year ago or so, and I've been getting this error since 2 months ago. I've tried different solutions I found on this forum and the internet with no success...

Can anyone help me?

Upvote 0
[/QUOTE]
That crash happens from particle emitter when misusing skeletal mesh bone pose particles.
In simple:
This specific crash happens in offline/listen server host mode a lot with burning players/bots/specimen.

In technical:
How Tripwire could prevent this crash from happening is to add:
if( bDeleteMe ) return;
checks in beginning of both KFPawn.StartBurnFX AND KFMonster.StartBurnFX functions.

Reason being is that the Pawn may get destroyed in same tick function before StartBurnFX call, thus leaving an emitter open with invalid pointer to an deleted actor.

Quote from Marco in another thread. Pretty sure this is the same error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You shouldn't tell them it is full of bugs, what other bugs are you referring to? Certainly nothing game breaking. This bug does not happen online and Killingfloor is still a great game. Even in single player it is relatively rare. Tripwire is a great company who supports their games unlike many big companies, give them a chance to fix it before putting down/spreading bad word on Killing Floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
You're right, TW does give support for its games. To be honest I've had a couple problems with it but they were fixed with patches.

Unfortunately, there's another bug on listen servers since a while ago too, but I don't know which patch caused it. On a listen server, the screen of those who are not hosting freezes for a second in-game, several times (enough to get killed in this game on max difficulty lol). It happens to me too when someone else is hosting a listen server and I'm the "guest". Do you know anything about this?

It is a great game indeed, otherwise I wouldn't spend my time on these forums asking for help :D

Upvote 0