• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Artilery + Lockdown needs tweaking

SolitarioSoldat

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
USA,Tampa,Florida
Artilery:

-Can be called too soon,please give longer cool down periods
-Since it can be called too soon TL goes crasy with it and spams it all the time,it kills the gaming enjoyment since is performance killer = huge lag

Lockdown:

-game starts,2 min later I see lockdown timer saying 2 min before lockdown,this only stresses the attacker to move in faster and get mowed down,I need breather to think,scan the area and then execute because there are 3 campers with LMG and semi rifles waithing on me.If I have lockdown timer breathing down my neck and tells to hurry up offcourse I'm bound to make a mistake.This timer is bad choice to be implemented in the game,if my team sux game is over,I cant cap solo...

Artilery:

-Can be called too soon,please give longer cool down periods
-Since it can be called too soon TL goes crasy with it and spams it all the time,it kills the gaming enjoyment since is performance killer = huge lag

Lockdown:

-game starts,2 min later I see lockdown timer saying 2 min before lockdown,this only stresses the attacker to move in faster and get mowed down,I need breather to think,scan the area and then execute because there are 3 campers with LMG and semi rifles waithing on me.If I have lockdown timer breathing down my neck and tells to hurry up offcourse I'm bound to make a mistake.This timer is bad choice to be implemented in the game,if my team sux game is over,I cant cap solo...

About the lockdown:1000% agree!!

Upvote 0
Ive played the beta almost exclusively with commander position and in my experience the mortars on some maps can seem like they come too often

However i only use them to support an attack by keeping a flank clear while team attacks another or defensively as we fall back

I think perhaps increase timer on mortars to 3 mins

Another thing ive noticed is that theres no real difference in killing power between artillery, and mortars which have the shorter cool down, so i almost never use the artillery or rockets as mortars will do the job

I think the explosive power or blast radius of the mortar needs to be toned down a bit

Upvote 0